Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Georgia, here we come!

It is official, Chris and I are moving back to Georgia! Okay, it has probably been official for quite some time that after four years Chris and I will be making our way back to our home state, but now that I have told my bosses that I am leaving it can become official on the blog! I have no idea if they even read the blog, but you never know. Better safe than sorry, right?

My bosses handled the news that I was leaving very well. I think they expected it, since Chris is finishing up school and we are expecting a baby. It seems like moving closer to family is the natural thing to do. I think they understand that. Of course, they both said “nooooooo” when I told them. That’s good though. It’s much better than if they would have said “great, we can’t wait for you to leave”. LOL! In other job related news, my bosses were willing to discuss me working remotely for some time or maybe until the baby comes. This is great news for Chris and I! We will take any income we can get!

Chris and I are both excited about moving back to Georgia; however, there are a few things up in the air right now. Unfortunately, the job that Chris accepted with Bain and Company isn’t set to start until the end of January 2010. Ick! That leaves us wondering what June through January is going to hold for us. We do have options, which is something not everyone can say. As of right now, we are going to be moving in with my parents once we move from Boston at the end of June. I know that living with my parents is going to provide a lot of help and support before and after Baby J arrives. It will be nice to be so close!

As great as that sounds, the optimal solution would be for Chris to find a paid externship/internship that would start in July and last through January or at least December. The income would definitely help us a lot, especially with insurance expenses. And, we want have to eat into all the savings that we were planning to put down on a house. If he is able to find an interim job, then we will probably move straight to Atlanta to an apartment. The apartment part is very unfortunate since we were hoping to buy a home, but I know that the home purchasing process will be just around the corner from us and it will probably be much easier to purchase something while living in Georgia instead of having to travel back and forth from Boston to find something we like.

So, for all our Georgia peeps, get excited! Chris and I will be Georgians once again come July!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that it went well with work! I hope they work out something good for you working remotely.

    ReplyDelete