Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baby J Becomes Active

I am pretty sure that I am officially starting to feel Baby J on a regular basis, and boy, was he active yesterday. I started feeling him early yesterday morning and it felt just like light taps from the inside, kind of like you might feel with gas, but this happened continuously. It has to be him. Well, yesterday afternoon around 4 pm he started up again. I guess he is just trying to get comfortable in there.

I have really been looking forward to actually feeling him for quite sometime. I know that I won’t worry near as much when I can feel him move each day. It will just give me the peace of mind that everything is going well in there.

At 19 weeks, our baby boy’s brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear our voices now, which means that all of the talking Chris does with him every night is not a waste of time. I am sure Baby J is also enjoying my singing on the way to and from work, lol!

Baby J is currently about 8 ½ ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. He is about the size of a large heirloom tomato. In other developments, hair on his scalp is sprouting. Who knows what color it will be? I think my best guess would be brown, but you never know.

For me, I was happy to read the following statement in my weekly update from Babycenter.com, “You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. The ligaments that support your uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight. This is nothing to be alarmed about, but call your practitioner if the pain continues even when you're resting or becomes severe.” This past weekend, I started to notice a little bit of pain in my lower abdomen. I was a little concerned but it never lasted for very long. This email couldn’t have come at a better time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and glad to hear everything is progressing as it should be, pains and all!! Say hi to Baby J for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and Chris. Kathy gave me your site yesterday!

    Start reading kid books out loud to Baby J...it might sound crazy...but just try it!

    ReplyDelete