Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

22 Weeks

22 weeks pregnant as of yesterday! Baby J is approximately 11 inches long and almost a WHOLE pound. He is actually starting to look like a miniature newborn now. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct and he’s even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises still lack pigment. If we could see Baby J now, he would have very deep wrinkles on his skin, which he’ll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in.

As you can see in the picture below, I am still maintaining the low baby bump. I am definitely carrying low, which I hear is pretty lucky right now since I am not having problems with acid reflux just yet. While the old wives’ tale says that carrying low indicates a boy, I think it is just a coincidence. Science says that it is based on the strength of the uterine muscles that determine whether or not you carry high or low. I am not sure if that means mine are weak or what, but I do know that Baby J continues to sit very low in my stomach. However, I did feel him near my belly button for the first time today.

I just read on Babycenter.com that at this point in time in the pregnancy, I will start to lose less hair. This is probably not a problem for most women, but I already have way too much hair. I don’t know how I am going to manage it if it gets any thicker. Also, they say that if stretch marks are in my future, then I will probably start to see them within the next few weeks. Oh, how I hope they stay away!

Please ignore the lack of makeup, lol!

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome, with or without the makeup!! You are definitely glowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so freaking cute with your adorable little bump. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Baby J look so cute! I carried low (with a girl) so I agree that it's probably due to strength of uterine muscles - if they're anything like stomach muscles, mine are nonexistent :)

    ReplyDelete