Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Only 20 weeks to go!

We've made it....halfway, that is! Today, I am 20 weeks pregnant. That means we are approximately 20 weeks/140 days away from meeting Baby J. He continues to remain nameless, so I am somewhat relieved that we still have 20 weeks to go. But, I have to say that I am ready to meet him!

At 20 weeks, he weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and is about 10 inches from head to bottom. This is about the length of a banana. I have to say that with the force I feel him moving, I think he is probably bigger than this. I guess we will see where he ends up on the weight scale in due time. He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.

On the topic of feeling him moving, he has continued to be active throughout last week and into this week. I am starting to feel his movements more and more often. It stills catches me be surprise everytime I feel him. A pretty cool thing happened this past Friday, Chris actually felt the baby move for the first time! It was so great for him to be able to share in this experience with me. I am sure he will get to feel him many times to come as he continues to grow big and strong!

As of this week, we are going to switch up the time in which we take the belly pics. From now on we will take belly pics on Mondays. Mondays are when I rollover with pregnancy weeks. This probably makes more sense, so that we can see a more accurate picture of where I stand at the start of the weeks instead of at the end. You never know if I will end up seeing the last half of 40 weeks, which would mean that I would be almost 41 weeks. So, I know you just saw 19 weeks today, but below are pics for 20 weeks. I hope I haven't grown too much in the four days since I took the 19 weeks picture!

This picture probably shows the belly a little better than the pic from 19 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment