Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

So much TV, so little time

With the season premiere of The Hills tonight, my life outside of television is coming to an end. By the end of last season, I was so happy when each show had its season finale. I was getting my life back and that made me excited. It was so nice during the summer to only have one show that I would actually sit down and watch every week, So You Think You Can Dance. Other than that, I was free to spend my evenings reading, working out, hanging out with friends, etc. Unfortunately, that season of my life is over until next summer. I know, I could change this by watching less TV but I love it so much. I honestly get so wrapped up in the shows that I cannot stop watching.

I know that I probably shouldn’t tell the world (okay, maybe not the world, but the people who read the blog) exactly how much TV I watch. As you continue to read this blog, all your previous thoughts of my intelligence may start to disappear. I hope not though! Maybe I should try picking up a brain stimulating book to read during commercials this year. I’ll consider it. I mean, what could be more stimulating than considering the relationship of Dan and Serena and whether or not they will get back together. Or, who in the heck did Susan kiss on the season finale of Desperate Housewives or will Derek and Meredith really last this time?

Okay, so let’s get to it….my fall TV lineup. I considered listing them in order of importance to me but that turned out to be WAY too difficult. I then tried to determine which ones I could not live without and that was too hard as well. So hear you have it, the shows that I will be watching this fall, in random order. I hope I haven’t forgotten any!

Gossip Girl – Guilty pleasure….that’s all I can say.
Grey’s Anatomy – Oh Meredith and Derek, how I hope this season is a positive one for you two.
One Tree Hill – Who did Lucas ask to marry him?!?! Eeek!
Lost – The Oceanic 6 finally made it off the island right before it disappeared with a bloop in the ocean. This season should be a good one!
Samantha Who? – This is such a great show and the only comedy that I watch.
Entourage – Oh, how I’ve missed Vince, E, Turtle, Drama, and Ari!
The Hills – Drama, drama, drama.
Heroes – I don’t even remember what happened at the end of last season (it ended early because of the writer’s strike), but I am sure this season will be just as exciting as last.
Desperate Housewives – As I said before….who was Susan kissing at the end of last season?
Private Practice – I don’t love, love the show, but I will stick around to see if Addison will finally find love.
House - I want to see Chase and Cameron back with House this season, otherwise, I may have to drop it from the lineup.
Lipstick Jungle – Gotta love seeing Lindsay Price (formerly Janet Sanders, Steve’s wife on 90210) back on TV.
American Idol - I've been saying it should be the last season for the past two seasons, but I just keep watching.
Dirty Sexy Monday - I only watch if I am extremely bored between 10-11 on the particular night that it comes on…not a must watch, but definitely entertaining.
ER - I haven’t watched ER like I used to but this is the final season. What better time to start watching again??

There are a few new shows premiering this season that I want to check out. Who knows if they will be keepers, but I plan to give them a whirl.

90210 – Is there anything better than Kelly Taylor and Brenda Walsh returning to TV? I am not too thrilled with the rest of the cast, except for Lori Loughlin (love her!), but I hope it is successful. Maybe the old cast members will be more popular than the new ones and we can get a full return of the original 90210 story lines. How great would it be to see Kelly Taylor and Dylan McKay married? Aahh….I will keep dreaming.

Fringe – I have absolutely no idea what this show is about, but I will watch it because it stars Joshua Jackson. I am a sucker for Pacey. I couldn’t bring myself to see his movie Shutter, way too scary, but I think I can handle his TV show. I am so glad to see him back on TV! I will be able to get my Joshua Jackson fix from something other than Dawson’s Creek reruns, woohoo!

Kath & Kim – From what I have read, this is a remake of a popular Australian TV show. It stars Molly Shannon and Selma Blair. I saw a commercial for it the first time the other night and it looks like it could be funny. I will give it a whirl because I don't have enough TV to watch already.

Privileged – I just noticed this show on the fall TV lineup and I might have to check it out too. It stars the girl who played the daughter on the show Reba. I always liked her on the show, which I didn’t watch religiously if you were wondering. In this show, she plays a tutor to two wealthy twins. We shall see.

A few shows that I watched last season have gone to the TV graveyard…..

October Road - I loved, loved this show! It starred one of the guys who used to be on One Tree Hill and the red, now blonde, headed girl from That 70’s Show. I was completely shocked when it was cancelled. I keep checking the message boards hoping that all the dedicated fans will get it back on the air like fans did for Jericho. It isn’t looking good for its return, but the producers of the show are planning to include a 15 minute wrap-up of the show on the season’s DVD. These 15 minutes would conclude all the storylines and tell us….who really is Sam’s dad. This is the one thing I can’t live without knowing. It has to be Nick!

Cashmere Mafia – I thought this show was a lot of fun, but unfortunately it didn’t make it past season 1. I am not sure how Lipstick Jungle survived and this show didn’t. Oh well, I was completely annoyed by the way the red head talked.

There you have it, Brooke’s fall TV lineup. Let me know if you are excited about any of the new shows or old shows starting up soon or if you just want to tell me that you watch as much TV as I do or think I am crazy. Either way, I can’t help it, I love TV!

1 comment: