Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last Evening Alone!

Hallelujah! After what seemed like the longest 10 weeks ever, Chris will be returning to Boston tomorrow afternoon! Tonight is my last night of living alone. I have to say that I have enjoyed some of the time that I have spent alone in our apartment reading or watching way too many episodes of Golden Girls, but I am looking forward to actually being able to have a face to face conversation with my husband. It has just been so weird. It is so hard to have a real conversation on the phone. I am happy to say that I have survived living in Boston for the summer and Chris survived a summer of consulting, but I know that we are both looking forward to our lives getting back to normal again!

I have to say a big THANK YOU to my friends who got me through the summer. I guess we all helped each other, since we all have significant others who were living in different cities. It was so much fun to have Monday night dinners and drinks on Thursday nights to look forward to. I know that I am going to miss hanging out with them as much as I have this summer, although Grey’s Nights will start back up soon, woohoo! Oh, did I mention that we decided to start our own section, Section P? P for Partners! We are also all considering forming a group off of Section P called SAPs, which means Stay-at-Home Partners. How sweet would that be! It's been a great summer with the girls! Thanks to Alisha, Erin, Ginny, Abbey, Lauren, and Mary for making this summer more than bearable! Below is a picture of a few of us out for drinks.

And the countdown begins.....as of this week, Chris and I have approximately 40 weeks until he graduates from HBS. Only 40! Can you believe it?!?! It is pretty crazy how time has flown by. It seems like yesterday that Chris and I were packing up to move from Florida and then packing up again to move to Boston. With so little time left, we have so much to check out in Boston and the surrounding area before we head south next year. I know it is going to be a very exciting year trying to fit everything in!

No comments:

Post a Comment