Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Brooke As My Middle Name, Not So Bad After All.......

So, I often complain about the fact that my parents decided to call me by middle name. It causes lots of problems, starting with the first day of every school year while growing up. The teachers would get to the H's and call out "Miranda", for which I would have to reply "I actually go by Brooke". I am not going to run through all the problems it has caused, just take my word for it. Miranda is my legal name, so that is who I am, at least to the IRS and the US government. Maybe my mom did it on purpose because her parents did it to her. I am not sure, lol! Only kidding! I know exactly why they did it.....Brooke Miranda Hardeman just doesn't have the same ring to it. Anywho, after doing my best procrastination today at work, I came upon a very interesting article regarding unusual names on CNN.

The article told of a 9 year old little girl in New Zealand who had been made a ward of the court so that she could be able to change her name. You must be thinking, what name could be so bad that a judge would allow a child to be a ward of the court in order to change it? Well, my friends, there is a name bad enough and that name is Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii. I mean, seriously. What did this poor girl's parents have against her? Is there a last name in there anywhere? This is just totally over the top and unacceptable. I have to say that I pat my parents on the back for doing such a great job picking out the name Miranda Brooke. I don't think I will EVER complain about my name again. If you are interested in reading the article, click here. Also mentioned in the article are two siblings, one named Dow and the other Indiana. Guess what their last name is? You got it, Jones. The mother said the dad picked out the name Dow as a joke while she was asleep after childbirth. Such cruel, cruel people.

No comments:

Post a Comment