Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No More Solo Weekends

After spending one lonely weekend in Boston by myself a few weekends ago, I decided that I would need to make plans for this past weekend. And make plans, I did. As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent Friday night at the movie with Alisha and Abbey watching Mamma Mia. Again, go see this movie.

Saturday was just as exciting as I attended a Sara Bareilles/Counting Crow/Maroon 5 concert at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA with Lauren (thanks for organizing), Alisha, and Abbey. It was a great time! Sara Bareilles started off the evening. She sings Love Song and yes, she is just as good of a singer in person as she is on the radio. I was definitely impressed by her and hope she is in the business for years to come. My favorite song of hers is Gravity. It is a beautiful song that I was introduced to by Pandora, a great website to checkout.

The second act of the evening was Counting Crows. I had extremely high hopes for this group. I love three of their songs, Mr. Jones, Round Here, and Long December. I remembered them being a very good band, unfortunately, they aren’t very good any longer. Or, maybe I should say that their lead singer isn’t good anymore. We couldn’t even sing along with Mr. Jones because the lead singer, Adam Duritz, was so spastic. He definitely wasn’t singing with the music. It was so disappointing. : ( I am not sure if he is just tired of singing the same songs or if his brain is just so fried that he can’t sing the words with the music anymore. Who knows?!?! He did somewhat redeem himself when they came out for an encore, when everyone was really thinking please go away, they played Long December and it was amazing. Exactly what I was expecting from them….it’s too bad the entire concert from them wasn’t the same. Maybe that is why they keep them on the road. They sing one really good song and everyone forgets the ridiculousness that happened before.

Anyway, on to the best part of the evening…..I really and truly do like Maroon 5. I don’t think they have a song that I don’t like. However, I was somewhat skeptical going into the concert. I really fell in love with their song She Will Be Loved when I saw the video for the song on MTV a few years ago. I also formed somewhat of a crush on the lead singer, Adam Levine, as well. I would literally sit down and watch it every time it was on TV. To make a long story short, Chris and I watched them on one of the morning shows, or maybe it was MTV, perform the song live and it was terrible. He was off key and we both thought that they must do a lot of work in the studio to make them sound so good. Needless to say, I was expecting an evening of off-key singing by a HOT lead singer. LOVE YOU CHRIS! Well, to my surprise, he was an amazing singer, which made him even more attractive. We had a great time singing along with all of their hits, and I would definitely recommend everyone seeing Maroon 5 in concert! Below are a few pics and a few videos from the evening.

Lauren, Abbey, Alisha, and I before the concert started.
Lauren and Abbey and their matching hats!
Alisha and I
All of us before Maroon 5 came onstage.
Mr. Levine!
Lauren dancing the night away!
Counting Crows singing Long December
Maroon 5 singing Won't Go Home Without You
On Sunday, I made my way out to Waltham with Lauren Ashman to attend a Georgia Tech Send-Off Ice Cream Social for upcoming freshman from the Boston area. There were 8 students from the area who will be moving to Atlanta at the end of this week to embark on 4, probably 5, years at Georgia Tech. We tried to impart some wisdom on them and ease their parents’ worries of sending their children so far from home. I really enjoyed hanging out with some fellow Tech graduates and future Tech graduates. Chris and I really should try to be more involved with GT. That was the first thing Tech related that I have done as an alumni. How crazy is that?!?! I vow to get more involved!

Well, that was my weekend in a nutshell. It was a great one! Much better than sitting at home alone like the other weekend. Oh, I also finished a book that a friend let me borrow the week before, Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin. Pick it up if you are looking for a quick and fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment