Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

So, here's the deal....

It looks like Baby J is going to need some coercing to make his appearance into the world and meet his mommy and daddy. Since labor doesn't seem to be starting on its own, Chris and I will be checking into the hospital tonight in preparation for being induced tomorrow morning. Once we arrive, they will give me a drug called cervidil that will help in preparing my cervix for labor. After giving me the drug, I will have to lay still for about 2 hours without eating or drinking anything. After that, I will have until midnight to move around and eat. They plan to give me sleeping medicine tonight so that I will be good and rested for labor tomorrow. Oh, how I am looking forward to getting a good night's rest. The last few nights have been pretty painful!

We don't know yet what time we will be heading to the hospital, as we have to wait for the hospital to call us and let us know that there is a bed available for me. Fun times! Let's hope everything goes as planned and we don't end up having to call them to tell them that we need to come in.

I will do my best to post updates this evening as to how things are going as well as posting throughout the day tomorrow as labor begins.

Chris and I will be parents tomorrow! Craziness!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all the very best! Can't wait to see pics!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete