Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Showered with Love

As I mentioned in the 37 week blog, Baby J and I were lucky enough to spend last Saturday and Sunday afternoons being showered with lots of fun gifts by family and friends.

Our first shower was on Saturday and it was hosted by my cousins, Beth Parker, Kelly Luxemburger, and Amanda Coggins. They did a great job hosting the shower and I sincerely appreciate all the hard work that they put in to making it so great! The food was exceptionally yummy and the cake had to have been the cutest baby shower cake I have ever seen. It was just perfect! Baby J received lots of great gifts, including too cute clothes, an infant rocker, jumperoo, diapers, and much, much more.

The hostesses and me

Just being silly!

The cute cake!

A fun basket of goodies!

Me with my little helpers

Baby J's first gift from Marc, too cute!

My mom, grandmother, and me

My grandmother, Jo, and me

Grandmother and Me

On Sunday afternoon, Baby J and I headed over to Chris' parents house to attend a duck-themed shower hosted by his family. It was so much fun to see some of Chris' family that I hadn't seen in person since we told that we were pregnant. Everyone noticed my largeness as I entered the house, lol! The food, of course, was extremely yummy and the best part of the food was that I got to eat a turkey sandwich. I know that not everyone abides by the no deli meat rule when pregnant, but I have. That means I haven't had my favorite lunch, a turkey sandwich, for almost nine months. Chris' mom knew of my craving and baked a turkey just so I could have a turkey sandwich. YUM-MY! Chris' family was generous enough to get us a glider for the baby's nursery as well as a swing. We are going to get so much use out of them! We also got a lot of cute clothes as well as other items that will be useful once Baby J arrives. And, we are fully equipped with many rubber duckies to use during Baby J's first bath in the big tub.

Another cute and yummy cake!

Karlie and Emme

Baby J's onesie from Cheers. It says "I don't even know my name". How true?!?! We don't even know his name.

We received lots of books for Baby J, which I honestly hadn't even thought of (bad mommy!). Good thing Chris' family was on top of it for me. The most exciting was receiving The Story of Ferninand which was Chris' favorite book as a child.

Sandi made us a frame with poem called Baby's First Picture, the Ultrasound. It was the tear jerker of the party. Oh so sweet and thoughtful!

We have received so many generous gifts over the past month from friends and family. We feel extremely blessed to have so many people in our life who love us and already love our little boy. We can't thank each and every one of you enough for your generosity. We can't wait for you all to meet Baby J!

Don't forget to submit your guesses regarding Baby J's stats!!! You can click on "Baby J's Stats" below to submit your guesses. We have only received two sets of guesses so far.

Baby J's Stats

No comments:

Post a Comment