Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

39 Weeks!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! These are the exact thoughts running through my head at basically any given time each day. Baby J could be here anytime now, and I have to be honest and admit that I am ready. I am ready to meet him and to also not be pregnant anymore. I guess this is your body's way of getting you prepared for childbirth. I am still not extremely uncomfortable, but I am most definitely ready. As I write this blog, it is 8:45pm which means that Chris and I will not be getting a free dinner at Scalini's. Hey, at least we tried. We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that the eggplant parmigiana at least caused me to dilate a few more centimeters. I was 1 cm dilated at our appointment last week.

As of 39 weeks, Baby J is continuing to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely that he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds. Babycenter.com equates this to a mini watermelon, yikes! They also mention that boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls, so he just might make it to the 8 pound mark. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. Pretty cool!

And, that's it for the 39 week developments for Baby J. Let's hope that in place of the 40 week post next Monday we have a post announcing the birth of our baby boy. That would be so much cooler than seeing another pic of my belly, lol!

Love you all!

1 comment: