Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

38 Weeks!

Talk about making someone feel good.......below is a conversation with a worker in the grocery store this morning.

Worker: Good Morning, how are you doing?
Me: I'm doing well, how are you?
Worker: I guess I should've said, how are y'all doing?
Me: Oh, we're good!
Worker: Looks like you might be carrying twins in there.
Me (thinking to self): What did he just say?
Me (actually talking): No, there's just one.

I'd say it's time he makes his arrival if he is being mistaken for multiples, whoa! I certainly don't feel like I am that huge but maybe I am just turning a blind eye. I know he will come when he is ready but I don't think I want to get much bigger, aahhh!

On a more fun note, as of today, I am 38 weeks pregnant, woohoo!!! So exciting! We had our 38 week appointment this past Thursday and I opted out of getting checked by the nurse practioner. I am honestly trying to avoid any kind of news that would make me think that I am closer than I really am to going into labor. For example, I wouldn't want to find out that I am dialated and effaced only to go two more weeks with no movement. I think I am just better off not knowing. The nurse did say that she thought he was of average size and would probably weigh around 7 lbs. But honestly, what do they know? They could be off by a pound either way, at least that's what I've heard. We do have another appointment with our doctor on Friday, which I am sure will be a lot more in depth and we will potentially find out where we stand right now. We are getting so very close!!!

At 38 weeks, Baby J now weighs approximately 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long. He is really starting to plump up. He has a firm grasp, which we will get to test when we hold his little hand for the first time. His organs have matured. If you're wondering why we didn't include eye color in the request for Baby J's stats, it's because we may not know for quite some time. If he's born with brown eyes, then they are likely to stay brown. But, if he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel or brown by the time he's 9 months old. The Eye Color Calculator says that Baby J has a 50% chance of having blue eyes and a 50% chance of having green eyes. It will be interesting to see if it is anywhere close to right.

The little guy is continuing to beat me up from the inside, so I know that he is going to be one feisty baby. I can't wait to see how he acts on the outside!

Check out pics of the bump below.

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEK it's SO CLOSE!!! You look absolutely frickin adorable. And I don't think you look like you're having twins :)

    ReplyDelete