Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

37 Weeks!

As of today, I am 37 weeks pregnant! It is so exciting and yet so scary that we are nearing the point in which Baby J will arrive. I literally think that everytime I go to bend over there is a chance that I will go into labor when I stand up. I haven't had any signs of labor yet, not one noticeable Braxton Hicks contraction to comment on, so who knows what I will think when I finally do go into labor. Let's just pray that I am able to stay cool, calm, and collected when it does finally happen.

As of 37 weeks, Baby J now weighs approximately 6 1/3 pounds and measures just a little bit over 19 inches from head to heel. Baby J is also considered full term now, so whenever I do go into labor his lungs will be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb.

Chris and I went in for our 37 week appointment this past Thursday. This was the first time that Chris was able to meet Dr. Graham and he really liked him. Hopefully, we will get lucky and go into labor when he is on call. And, Dr. Graham is definitely thinking ahead because on Thursday he told us that if we wanted to go eat some spicy eggplant parmigiana on Tuesday night to induce labor, he would be on call on Wednesday. Chris and I both looked at each other and said "no, we're not ready yet". His response was "get ready". LOL! This made it so much more real that Baby J is going to be here before we know it! Our niece also said this weekend "THIS month, he's going to be here THIS month". AAAAHHHHH!

Baby J, Chris and I had an extremely busy weekend! We had two baby showers, our nephew's birthday party and my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in Summerville. It was a fun but exhausting weekend. I plan to post on these events throughout the week.

Also, on the blog agenda for the week is to poll all of you to see what you think Baby J's actual arrival date and time will be, how much he will weigh, how long he will be, what color hair he will have when he arrives, what we will actually name him, etc, so be thinking about what your predictions are for Baby J!

I am really getting out there now!

Whoa! That's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. There is a place called Scalini's in Smyrna that is like FAMOUS for some entree that makes women go into labor. They have a wall of baby pictures. If it gets to the point where you're ready, give it a try. And, maybe try it anyway, the garlic rolls there are delicious and dripping butter... mmm!

    Anyway, you look adorable and I can't believe it's so close! If you have a day off and have the energy for lunch, or if you need help with anything during the day, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke! Love your blog! Scalini's recipe was featured on Good Morning America a while back and you can find the recipe online - just google it! :) It didn't work for me, but I have high hopes for you! ;) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute!!!! I can't believe he's going to be here soon:-) I hope you're feeling well. Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete