Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary Jo and Paw Paw!

Well, this post is better late than never......

My family recently hosted an anniversary party for my mom's parents, Gerald and Jo Ann Dempsey, to celebrate 50 years of marriage! The party was held at the Reynolds' Barn in Summerville where guests dined on a yummy barbecue dinner with wedding cake for dessert. My grandparents didn't have a wedding cake at their wedding, so my grandmother made the special request for one. A DJ provided music for the event, which had my grandmother up and dancing the entire night. Most people commented on the fact that I get my dancing spirit from her. Check out the pictures below to see the fun that was had by all.

50 years together, wow!!! It's so amazing!

The anniversary couple with their daughter, my mom!

The cake

Cutting the cake for the first time.....

And shoving it in each other's mouths for the first time, lol!

Brandi and I (Her and her husband Tony came down for my baby shower and the anniversary party. You might have noticed that she wasn't in any of the baby shower pics, because she graciously took all the pictures for me. Love you Brandi!)

Tony, Brandi's husband, and Chris

First Dance

My grandmother managed to pull my brother out on the dance floor too! They were joined by my dad's parents.

The beginning of a long night of dancing for Jo. It was just perfect for her!

Paw Paw enjoyed watching her dance!

All of the grandchildren on my grandmother's side of the family. It was pretty cool to have everyone together at once.

A good many of the great-grandchildren. Just a few were missing.

My brother and I

My family! My dad is even semi-smiling!

Chris and I

Marc, Chris, and I

And, she kept going and going and going.....

My mom and Terri Lynn (they were having a good laugh about the fact that Terri Lynn stood in a fire ant bed prior to the grandchildren picture being taken, it wasn't too funny at the time though!)

Chris and I demonstrating our electric slide skills. The baby allowed me to do a little dancing.

Paw Paw and I

Jo and Paw Paw at the end of the night. So tired, but they had such a great time!

Happy Anniversary Jo and Paw Paw! We love you very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment