Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eggplant Parmigiana...Will it work for me?

After our doctor's appointment on Friday Chris and I decided that it might be time to try out the eggplant parmigiana served at Scalini's Restaurant in Smyrna to see if we can't coax our baby boy into making his appearance sooner rather than later. So, Saturday night we went to Scalini's and I, of course, had the eggplant parmigiana. I am personally not a fan of eggplant, but I figured I would make a sacrifice for meeting our baby boy in the near future. To be honest, it was actually pretty good. I could only manage to eat half of the serving, but I finished the remainder of the entree today for lunch.

Now, we wait....

And the waiting is not fun. So far it has included me waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about having contractions. Unfortunately, just thinking about them did not make them happen last night. They say that the babies born after the mothers eat eggplant parmigiana usually are born within 48 hours. We had dinner around 7:30 on Saturday night, so Baby J has until 7:30 tomorrow night to get us a free dinner at Scalini's and himself a Scalini's t-shirt.

Below is a link to Scalini's Restaurant's website that describes the association of the eggplant parmigiana with births. It has been featured in People Magazine as well as on Good Morning America. The wall of baby pictures in their restaurant is unreal. We will definitely have to go back and take pictures of the place if it ends up working.

Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana

Everyone should be thinking contractions with us now, which was the exact advice our doctor gave me on Friday! Let's hope we all get to meet Baby J very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, I'm not sure that I'm equipped to handle you if you go into labor at lunch today! And/or, we can go back to Scalini's if you want to double up on the egglplant :D

    ReplyDelete