Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

27 Weeks!

As of today, Baby J is just a short 13 weeks from being introduced to the world! As of this week, he weighs about 2 pounds and is approximately 14 1/2 inches long. He's beginning sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. I have to admit that I am not that familiar with his sleeping and waking pattern yet. I guess I should start jotting down notes of when he is active and when is not.

More brain tissue is continuing to develop, so his brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning, with a lot of medical help, if he were to be born now. Let's hope he stays in there for the duration so we don't have to worry about him needing medical help. As I type this, I must assume that Baby J has the hiccups because I am feeling regular movements on his behalf. I believe that he has had them a few times before and Babycenter.com says that hiccups may be common from now on. Poor little guy, I hate the hiccups and I am sure that he isn't enjoying them either even though Babycenter.com says that they don't bother him at all.

So, I am thinking that I have now entered the third trimester, woohoo! Today marks the beginning of the 28th week of the pregnancy, which I believe is the start of the third trimester. You may ask why I am questioning myself, well, it is because every pregnancy website says something different. Oh well! I think I will go ahead and assume that Baby J and I have entered the third trimester and we are in the homestretch. Can you believe it?

Chris is out of town so I had to take the belly pic myself this week. As you can see, I am not nearly as good as he is but it will have to do.

A little blurry but you can still see the belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment