Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

24 Weeks!

Today, I am 24 weeks along! Week 24 of the pregnancy has been an exciting one with the End of the Year Party at HBS and a wedding weekend in Georgia (more on that later). As of 24 weeks, Baby J is now a foot long and remains at a weight just over a pound. Babycenter.com said to picture an ear of corn if you want to imagine just how long Baby J is. I thought this was a pretty appropriate analogy since my grandfather said this past weekend that I would be back just in time this summer to pick the corn out of the garden. I think I might have to veto this request, lol!

In other developments, Baby J's brain is growing very quickly and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. Yay for non-transulcent skin!

In regards to my development, well....you shall see below.

2 comments: