Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tomorrow is the BIG Day

By 9 am tomorrow morning Chris and I will know if we are having a baby girl or baby boy. Oh, the excitement!! Is it going to be a little girl or a little boy that we get to meet in just 5 months? We can’t wait to find out. I am so excited to be able to start planning for our little one.

The masses (28) have spoken, and it is a close race between a girl with 15 votes and a boy with 13 votes. I think this is the perfect way for the poll to end up. None of us really know the gender of the baby and this close race means that there is basically a 50/50 chance of having a boy or a girl.

Along with our excitement comes extreme nervousness on my part, which probably goes hand in hand with the fact that I do not like surprises. I have never been a big fan of surprises and this is a big one. I am extremely excited about the moments following finding out, but I know that I will be sick to my stomach tomorrow morning. I know that when I lay down on that table tomorrow my stomach is going to be in knots. I have even mentioned to Chris that I might hold my hands over my ears so that I don’t have to hear “Do you want to know the sex? It’s a…..”. Ugh, makes me nauseous thinking about it. I think it is just the anxiety of the moments leading up to finding out that will bother me the most.

Along with being nervous about finding out the sex, I am also nervous about the baby in general. I guess this is just me being a worry wart, but I tend to get extremely nervous the week leading up to an appointment. I have no reason to believe that our baby isn’t developing normally, but the unknown bothers me when I know we are going in to see our baby. I am sure that as soon as we see our little baby’s heartbeat tomorrow all of this fear will go away. I just want to know that everything looks good! I honestly think that this will probably take away from finding out the gender, because as long as the baby is healthy it doesn’t matter if it is a he or a she.

Now, onto our growing baby, which we will see tomorrow. At 17 weeks, our baby’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. He or she currently weighs 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long from head to bottom, which is about the size of a turnip. It can now move its joints and its sweat glands are starting to develop.

Ah, only about 22-23 hours before we know if the baby is a he or a she. Regardless of the gender of the baby, I am sure that he or she is going to be unconditionally loved and spoiled rotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment