Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No More Tests!

Chris and I received great news in the mail yesterday! We got a letter from our OB/GYN that said that the results of the final screening for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18 came back normal. I assumed this was the case when I saw the letter, because they would have called with bad news like they did with the cystic fibrosis screening. The exact ratio of our chances were not written in the letter so I assume that our doctor will give us the value at our next visit. I don't know that I care to know though. I don't want to worry about any odds. I am perfectly content to know that things looked good after the first test and that the risk of our baby having Down Syndrome has not increased with the second test. There is obviously still a chance, but we will cross that bridge if we have to after the baby is born.

On a side note, I ate terribly yesterday. First of all, the Girl Scout cookies that I ordered came in this week and have been a thorn in my side ever since. I ordered Caramal deLites (formerly known as Samoas) and Peanut Butter Patties and they are oh so good. Well, yesterday, I ate 3 cookies. It is absolutely ridiculous how many fat grams are in each of these cookies, but I ate them anyway. It doesn't stop there though! Last night, I attended a dessert event at a local restaurant, Finale. I ate chocolate mousse, a portion of flourless chocolate cake (too rich to eat it all), a bite of someone else's raspberry cake, a coconut tart (which thankfully did not taste like coconut), and two small chocolate things (no idea what they were). Ugh, it makes me a little nauseous just thinking about it, lol! Oh well, let's hope I can turn the eating right around this weekend. Oh, we will be in NYC this weekend! I guess eating healthy is out the window at least until next week. I am sure Chris will try to force feed me something green though!

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of desert, LOL! Just eat some green veggies with the sweats and it all cancels out!

    ReplyDelete