Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

16 Weeks

As of yesterday, I am 16 weeks and things are going well. I can’t believe we only have 24 weeks (give or take a few) until we meet our little one!

Other than my expanding waistline, there isn’t too much to report. This past weekend, Baby J and I were able to spend some alone time together since Chris was out of town skiing. We spent most of the weekend lounging on the couch watching movies. I did take time out of relaxing to create and send out bridal shower invitations, make a quick trip to Target and a much needed trip to the mall for Chick-fil-A. Although we enjoyed our alone time, we were extremely happy to see Chris on Sunday afternoon!

Chris survived his ski trip without re-injuring his knee, which was great news! We went skiing with friends a few weeks ago and Chris thought it would be a good idea to ski through the woods, well, his ski got caught and caused something to happen to his knee. He even went to the doctor, which is pretty much unheard of for him. The doctor ordered x-rays which said that he had some fluid on his knee and that he should do physical therapy. Of course, he opted out of physical therapy and decided rest would be the best medicine. He rested it for about two weeks and then went skiing on it. Turns out, he might have been right as he arrived home without a limp.

This week, our baby is about the size of an avocado. He/she is about 4 ½ inches long from crown to rump and 3 ½ ounces. The baby’s legs are much more developed and its head is more erect. Its eyes have moved closer to front of its head and its ears are almost in their final position. The baby’s heart is pumping close to 25 quarts of blood per day. Wow!

Our baby is also gearing up for a large growth spurt, as I would expect that I am as well. The baby will double its height and weight in the next few weeks. Ah, that means my abdominal area will probably double in size in the next few weeks. I am both excited and nervous about this quick transformation. I would expect that you all will see drastic changes in my belly pics in the next few weeks. Get excited for more noticeable changes!

This weekend, Elizabeth and Adam are flying up to Boston and we are driving to NYC for two nights and then returning for some Boston fun, which includes the Britney concert for the girls. So excited! I am sure I will be catching you up on our fun weekend with the Cowarts after our return!

No comments:

Post a Comment