Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Maybe the Celtics Owe Us???

Adam Cowart probably thinks they do. Congrats to Boston Celtics on winning game 6 of the NBA finals last night in Boston to clench the NBA Championship title! I actually went to sleep well before the game was over, but I was awakened by "woohoos" and horns honking all around Cambridge. I love that I live in a city where you can literally feel and hear the joy of victory all around you when one of our teams wins. I got to have the same experience when the Red Sox won the World Series.

You may be wondering why Adam Cowart thinks that the Celtics owe us. Well, he seems to think that a so-called victory curse, that's what I will call it, follows us around. I cannot account for the victorious teams in Florida while we were there, but I believe there were some. And since we have been in Boston, the Red Sox won the World Series and now the Celtics have claimed the NBA Championship title that they haven't won in 22 years. Hmmm....does this have something to do with Chris and I living in the area? I am not sure, but I do know that Adam has his fingers crossed that we will bring luck to Georgia Tech when we return to Georgia!

1 comment:

  1. Adam can't wait for you guys to bring your "curse" to Atlanta! While you were living in the sunshine state The University of Florida won both the NCAA tournament and the Football BCS National Championship in the same year!!

    ReplyDelete