Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

The Golden Arches

Or the Golden Arcs, as used in Coming to America.

Random story with 2 points.
1. McDonald's does have food for those trying to eat healthy.
2. Ronald McDonald does exist.

Chris and I made our way out to Natick on Saturday to do some last minute shopping for Father's Day, as well as to finish up shopping for work clothes for Chris. We didn't eat lunch before we left our place, so I was starving by the time we got to the mall. Starving? Why, you might ask. Well, after gaining a certain amount of weight, not to be disclosed, during the winter months of Boston, I decided it was time to get back into the skinny, happy to be me, get into all my clothes state of mind. I started a diet last Wednesday and I am doing well so far, but it becomes extremely difficult to fight off the hunger. So, we were on our way to Natick and the following conversation ensued.

Me: Are you hungry?

Chris: Not really, but I could eat. (His typical response.)

Me: Well, we need to eat before we go into the mall, because I will be famished if we wait. I can do McDonald's.

Chris: Isn't that the craziest statement ever? You are on a diet and you suggest that we eat at McDonald's.

So, we made our way to McDonald's where I had the Asian Grilled Chicken salad with low-fat Sesame Ginger dressing and it was actually pretty good. So, there. You can eat healthy at McDonald's. (If you were wondering, the salad has 300 calories, 10 fat grams, and the salad dressing has 90 calories and no fat grams. I opted to leave the almonds off, which saved me 6 grams of fat and 70 calories.) Chris opted for the not-so-healthy choice of a double cheeseburger, medium fries, and SWEET TEA (yes, they are serving this in MA now!). As exciting as this may seem, the excitement didn't end there......

As we entered McDonald's, I came face to face, for the first time ever, with a walking-talking Ronald McDonald. Honestly, as many birthday parties as I attended as a young child at McDonald's, I have never seen a person dressed up as Ronald McDonald. Anywho, I literally think I jumped as I rounded the corner and he stepped out. I think he might've gotten a good laugh out of it. Oh well. What can you expect if a large red and yellow person steps out from behind the drink machine? Below is a picture for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment