Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A fun-filled weekend with family and friends

Chris and I flew to Georgia last Wednesday, May 28th, to visit family and friends and attend the wedding of Laura Grosch and Robert Cross. We hadn't been to Georgia in almost three months, which an extremely long time for us to be away from our families. I can't wait until we see them on a more regular basis. Chris and I spent Thursday and Friday hanging out with both of our families while eating really good meals. There is nothing like a good home cooked meal or buffalo wings from Buffalo's. We spent Saturday at the pool with Jared, Karlie and Jake. It is so much fun to be around our niece and nephews. We really never get enough of them, because they are always changing. Our two youngest nephews, Griffin and Gavin, are changing the most, so it is always interesting to see what new habit they have started. We spent Saturday morning watching two baseball games in which Griffin and Gavin played. They are pretty good little ball players! The Jarretts are a family of ball players, but we didn't get to see Jared, Karlie and Jake play while we were home. Below are a fews pics of the kids.

Chris practicing his Guitar Hero skills.

Karlie does not like to have her picture taken.

Gavin....not too interested in the game, but oh so cute!

Griffin didn't mind posing for the camera either.

We spent Saturday evening in Atlanta for the Grosch-Cross wedding. Say that 5 times really fast, LOL! The bride was beautiful and the wedding and reception were a lot of fun! Chris and I were honored to be a part of their special day. Weddings have become somewhat of a reunion venue for Chris and I since we rarely get to visit our friends when we are in Georgia. It was so great to spend the evening with Elizabeth and Adam, Jess and Chris, as well as everyone else that we hardly ever see. I had a great time, of course, since I never attend a wedding that I don't enjoy. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cross who are honeymooning in Hawaii as I type, so jealous!

First Dance!
Elizabeth and I
Me, Lauren, Casey, and Elizabeth (where are you Jess?)
I love to dance! Another reason why I love weddings!
Aren't we sweet?!?!

After 3 hours of sleep on Saturday night after the wedding, we headed to the airport to make our 7am flight to Boston. No, we don't usually take flights at the crack of dawn on a Sunday, but we had to get back to Boston for a few special visitors. Jan, Kristen, Bill, Kallan and Marin took a little trip up north to visit Boston as well as NYC and we were happy to have them in town for two days.

We showed them around HBS and the Harvard undergraduate campus prior to heading downtown to get on our duck boat. Chris and I had yet to take a Duck Tour and to our surprise, it was a lot of fun. We will definitely be recommending this tourist attraction to any visitors that we have in the future. After the duck tour, we made our way to the North End to eat at probably my favorite Italian restaurant in Boston, Dolce Vita. They have amazing manicotti with cream sauce! I had to work on Monday, so Chris and I met up with the fam on Monday night at the Union Oyster House where my favorite clam chowda lives. It was so great to see them and show them the city we call home! Below are a few pictures from their visit in Boston.


Kallan, Marin and Flat Kallan and Flat Marin on the steps of Harvard University's library.
Chris, Marin, and I on the duck boat.
View of Back Bay from the duck boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment