Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Seriously? Seriously.

My awesome hubby surprised me with tickets to see In a Forest Dark and Deep starring Matthew Fox for our 6 year anniversary.  We took advantage of only our second night out since we've been here while my Mom was in town.  It was our first non-musical play ever, so we were excited.  I had read some bad reviews of the play but we were excited nonetheless, I mean, we were going to see Matthew Fox act live.  The play, I have to admit, wasn't that great, but it wasn't that bad either.  The play comprised of a brother and sister, who happens to have a secret, arguing constantly about their past.  It was what you could call a "raw" play, but I was truly amazed that the two of them could act out an entire play without intermission for an hour and a half.  Very cool!!

Yay for date night!
After the play ended, I asked one of the ushers where the stars of the play usually come out and he said around the block at the stage door, so we headed around there.  


There were 20 or 30 people waiting out back for Matthew Fox and Olivia Williams, who played Bruce Willis' wife in The Sixth Sense.

Olivia Williams......probably should have had my picture made with her.

Matthew Fox signing a zillion autographs.

He looked more like Rob Zombie than he did Dr. Jack Shephard!

I'm-going-to-get-my-picture-taken-with-Matthew-Fox face!
He got closer and closer to me continuing to sign tons of autographs, even on a few girls' arms, weirdos!  I still don't understand the appeal behind an autograph, unless you plan to make money off of it.  If any knows what it is about getting an autograph, please do let me know.  Well, he got to where he was literally right in front of me with his back turned to me.  And then he went the other way, so I had to follow him.  I finally got my chance and asked "can I get a picture?"  To which he replied, without even looking at me, "I'm not doing any pictures tonight".  Loser, lol!


Definitely-not-getting-a-picture-with-Matthew-Fox face, lol!
Prior to him coming out of the theatre, a group that got to go backstage came out and one of them mentioned that his brother was also coming out and to not get confused.  It would have certainly been easy to get confused, because his brother looked just like him but without his current Rob Zombie facial hair.  I said something to his brother about being his brother and they were actually really nice.  Hindsight being 20/20, I should have had my picture taken with his brother.  He looked more like our favorite Lost character than Matthew Fox actually did.

While I was disappointed, I will not let this ruin my love for Matthew Fox or for Lost.  I completely understand that he was much more excited about going out to dinner with his family and friends (he actually told people that he was going to dinner) than he was about taking a picture with me, however, it seems a little crazy to sign all those autographs and not do pictures.  Oh well, that's his prerogative. 

My new celebrity mantra is they have to come to me, lol!  Yes, I know this will never happen and that's okay with me.  No longer will I even think about going up to one that I see or even look for them out in public places.  I'm just not going to do it.  I will just enjoy seeing them do what they do best, acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment