Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just another day at the farm!

On Easter Sunday in the Cotswolds we visited the Cotswold Farm Park for some play time for Reed in lieu of hunting for Easter eggs, which apparently isn't the thing to do here.  As far as I could tell from things I read, you basically do a treasure hunt to get to the end where you find an egg, or a chocolate egg to be exact.  Interesting.  Anyway, Reed probably much preferred roaming around with and touching the animals and swinging versus hunting for eggs.  I do look forward to how he enjoys hunting eggs next year!

Reed was very apprehensive about touching the animals, although he talked about it all day "touch da amals".

Almost touched the bunny but not quite.  He pulled his hand back as soon as he was almost there.

Finally, he touched an "amal".

What a good picture this would have been had he smiled for me!??!?

Watch out for the goat!

"I can't be bothered right now, thank you."

Reed loved all the wide open space where he could "run, run, run".

Reed chasing a chicken, lol!

Reed and Daddy checking out the horses and cows.

He started to get a little brave toward the end of our trip and touched a ginormous pig.

"Shy" again, so he said.

Daddy and Reed hanging out in the lambing area.

Mommy and Reed

A baby lamb born just minutes before we got to the lambing area.

They have this big space open for viewing of the lambing process.  At first I didn't care to see a lamb being born, but then I was bummed that we missed one!  I did feel a little bad though because all of these lambs are in labor or close and they have about 30 or 40 spectators, I can't imagine that, lol!

Lambs, so cute!!

Reed's favorite thing!!

He might have two favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment