Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Need a new addiction/obsession? (Updated)

If so, I have a few that I would like to share with you.  Currently, I have a few new websites that I have to visit daily.  I love them, they make me happy, and I am also hoping that they might spark that idea that I needed pronto.  So, if you haven't found these guys yet, you need to check them out now.  They are worth it!

Twitter - This is totally old news, but I have been completely avoiding joining Twitter because I was on Facebook.  Why do I need Twitter?  Oh, my friend, how I love Twitter!!  While I do continue to enjoy reading status updates on Facebook, I have a greater love for Twitter.  My main love for it is that it is so quick and simple.  You have 140 characters to convey your message and that is it.  Awesome!  I have found that it is great way to keep up with interior designers as well, which have been an addiction of mine since we bought our home last year.  Join Twitter, follow cbr_in_london (among many others), you won't regret it.

Lay Baby Lay - This blog of sorts was started by the fabulously adorable Joni Lay, a sorority sister of mine from Georgia Tech.  This girl was always the creative one of the bunch in college and continued that with the start of her own wedding invitation and sign business, Chocolate Butterbean, which I also highly recommend.  After having a baby in the fall, Joni started Lay Baby Lay of nursery ideas as well as all other things adorable for babies!!  Enjoy it, whether you have a baby or not!  It's awesome!

Pinterest - This, my friends, is my favorite website right now!  It is a site where you can "pin" pictures of anything that you see online.  The main focus of those currently "pinning" seem to be home decor, personal style choices and things like that.  Ever wish you could find that picture of that room you loved or piece of art you needed in your home or quote that made your day, well now you can just click "pin it", which you download into your internet toolbar, and add it to one of your boards.  I seriously think this site would be beneficial for everyone.  I've even seen a "bucket list" on there!  If you join, don't forget to look me up, mb_hardeman@yahoo.com.

I completely forgot to include my second favorite website right now........

The Beauty Department - The lovely Lauren Conrad (from The Hills fame) started this website with her makeup artist and potentially her hair stylist, although I am not absolutely sure.  Anyway, it includes lots of tips and tricks for different hair styles and makeup styles.  There are also short videos on how to get the look.  I love it!!  I am really look forward to their upcoming feature on makeup brushes, who doesn't need a tutorial in this area with so many options out there.  Don't miss this one, it's great!!

Okay, I think that's all my addictions for now, although I am probably forgetting something.  These are my absolute favorite though, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment