Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I love Reese!

It should come as no surprise to most of you that I waited way too long today to see Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattison in the flesh for the first time at the London premiere of Water for Elephants.  I have been a little celebrity obsessed in the past, but I am not quite as bad now, however, I couldn't pass up this opportunity.  Reed and I made our way out to the Westfield Shopping Center, a mall, just after lunch to wait for the premiere festivities that were supposed to start at 4:30.  Nothing actually started happening until around 5:45, boo!  That was way too long to wait.  Oh well, I don't regret it.  I got some great pics of the two of them and it will certainly be another thing to add to my once-in-a-lifetime London experiences!

She's just so darn cute!  Very petite as well.

Robert giving his best Edward face!
Reed playing with the premiere poster.  He was really so good for the amount of time that I strapped him in his stroller.  One lady even asked how I was able to keep him from getting upset.  He's just a good kid, thank goodness!!

The set

Performers!

More performers!

Sorry dude for cutting off your head.  We were slightly angry with him anyway for blocking our view of Robert.

Reese!!

Robert and Reese together with the paparazzi snapping away.

I love this photo.  This is truly how you feel at one of these events unless you are in the front row.  No matter how close you are, you will always be a head, arm, camera, shoulder away, lol!  Apparently the only way to get a front row seat is to camp out, which most of the people in front of me had done.  I don't mind being behind people with that kind of dedication!

Robert was so good to sign everything thrown at him and to also take pictures with those who requested.  I saw him take one of the photos himself as well as retake a photo when the girl wasn't happy with it.  That's a good guy.

Signing away.

Up close!

Here comes Reese!  She signed lots of stuff but never took a single photo with anyone, at least not that I could tell.  She was obviously the bigger star of the two.  And apparently there might have been some obnoxious people that they were trying to avoid because the dudes on either side of her would randomly usher her onward.  That meant she wasn't in front of me for very long so I didn't get quite as many good photos.

But I'd say this is good enough!

And this!  Not the most flattering of photos but it will do.

Christoph Waltz, the Oscar winner for Inglourious Bastards.
And, before I forget, even though it is completely off topic.....I actually met Ann Curry and Al Roker from the Today Show while I was waiting on Chris to arrive for our dinner date at Nobu.  They asked me where I was from and I said Georgia.  Being the day after the tornadoes, Ann asked if I knew about them and hoped my family was okay.  So very sweet of her.  The rest of the Today Show gang arrived later.  I saw Meredith Viera come in and I was also able to see the back of Matt Lauer's head while I ate some sushi, lol!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Your pictures are awesome! Talk about one heck of a week for you - royal wedding AND RPattz.

    Also - Reed is so, so big and so, so cute. I miss yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could have been there!! You definitely could have gazed into his eyes!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete