Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

21 Months!!

Just 3 months shy of Reed's 2nd birthday!  It is just hard for us to believe that he is becoming such a big boy.  In some ways I wish it would slow down, but in other ways I am excited to watch him grow and learn.  He is such a smart little boy already and Chris says it won't be long until he is better at outsmarting us than we are at outsmarting him, lol!!

Stats:
Weight: Skinny!  (I fear a lashing from the doctor when we go back.  Surely he's gained some weight, but we really can't tell.  Maybe it's because.........)
Height:  Tall  (He's such a tall and lean little boy.  Like Chris said, when we saw after he was born that his footprint wouldn't fit on the page, we should have known that this was coming.)

At 21 Months:

  • We have a hard time getting him to eat much of anything.  Seriously.  What are we going to do about this?  He loves his hot dogs and basically any kind of fruit we give him, but he sometimes refuses to take more than a couple of bites at a meal.  He does love Mexican night though and I think he would probably live off of black beans if we let him.  I am hoping this will turn around.  For the time being I am trying to live by what I've read and what my doctor recommends, they will never refuse food to the point of starvation.  
  • Not sure if I have mentioned this before, which would be crazy if I hadn't, Reed is B-A-N-A-N-A-S for GOLF!  He loves it, loves to play it, watch it, talk about Daddy, Marc, and Granddaddy playing it.  If golf is on and fans are cheering, he is usually saying "go Tiger" and clapping.  Apparently he thinks all golfers are Tigers, lol!!  Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning the first thing he asks me is "where's golf club?"
  • He is a very polite little boy, always saying thanks after he asks for something and I give it to him. He sometimes forgets the please part though.  He also says "excuse me" after he burps or poots and the sweetest thing ever is when he says "bless you" after we sneeze.  What a precious little thing he is!  We were at the Science Museum the other day when I sat on a bench that makes a pooting sound, he said "excuse me", lol!
  • He also will stick out his hand for a handshake and say "nice to meet you".  If you say, "hi, my name is Brooke, what's your name?", he will respond with "Reed".
  • He loves to count.  If I even put up a finger, he will start in.  "One, two, free, six, eight, nine, ten, elemen, twelve."  We are working on getting four, five and seven back in there.
  • He has also started trying to sing his ABC's.  This morning he woke me up singing "A, B, C, D, ....(not sure how he says E and F), G, P, T, U, V, X, Y, Z, now know ABC's, sing, me."  He's getting there, lol!
  • Loves his Daddy!  Yes, I know you already know this but when we are with Chris for a prolonged amount of time, like this weekend, Reed can't get enough of his Daddy.  Last night when we were going to read a book before bed, Chris told Reed that Mommy was going to read the book.  He said "Daddy". 
  • "Hold you" is still probably one of my favorite things that he says.  He often requests hugs as well.  So sweet.
  • I can't say that he necessarily knows what "no" means considering he usually doesn't stop what he's doing when we say it.  Or maybe, based on the look on his face, he knows but refuses to listen.  We will get through this stage, we will get through this stage.
  • "Delicious".  Yes, he says it and always at the right time.  Hilarious!
  •  He pooped in the potty once last month.  It was a fluke but he did it.  He still could care less about going to the potty.  I think we have a long process ahead to get him potty trained.
  • When I say "whoopsie", he says "daisies".
  • He's also started saying "what am I doing here?"  I have no idea where this came from but it is hilarious.  After putting him in timeout, he walked up to me with his hands on his chest and said "what am I doing here".  He also asks at other random times.  
  • Absolutely loves bubbles.  This is the only reason why he is willing to give his instruments back at music class because he knows that Miss Jane is going to show him some bubbles.
  • Just the other day he saw a pool in a magazine and called it the bath.  He also called the ocean, "lotion".
  • He started pretending this month to eat the cookies out of his The Cow Loves Cookies book.  He would even give us a bite as well.  Of course a bite was always followed by "mmmmmmm".
  • If he meets someone he doesn't know and we ask him to say hello, he often says "shy".  And sometimes when he sees people he doesn't know, he says "scared da people".  I have no idea why.  We certainly haven't said anything to make him scared, and we really don't think he is scared considering what a ham he is around strangers.  Just last night he was talking to the "guy" on the airplane and then proceeded to show him how he dances.
  • Music = "meekles"  Huh?  Not sure where he came up with this.
  • We told him that we were going home next week to see Mike Mike, Kath, Nana, Granddaddy, and everyone else.  He said "excited" and clapped.
  • On Mother's Day, just because he's sweet like that, he hugged me and said "love you" unprompted.
  • Nodding his head is something he's picked up lately.  It requires a little bit of movement from his entire body but at least his head is nodding as well.
  • He sings to himself all the time, which we think is pretty awesome.  His favorites are The Clock Says Tick-Tock, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Wheels on the Bus (his favorite right now), Zoom, Zoom, and the ABCs. 
  • He started saying "gu morning".  Love being woken up by this instead of crying.
  • He's also started responding to our questions with "okay".  Me:  Reed would you like some blueberries.  Reed:  Okay.
21 Months!

"Cheese!"

He had to go get his St. Andrews hat and requested that I take "more pictures".  I am glad he is finally requesting these, lol!

Silly boy!

I asked him if he wanted to take a picture swinging his golf club and he said "okay".

No comments:

Post a Comment