Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

CHS Class of 2000 10 Year Reunion!

Last weekend we headed to Summerville to celebrate my 10 year high school reunion.  The weekend consisted of the high school football game on Friday night, a family picnic on Saturday and then a dinner that night in Rome at 333 on Broad.  As you will be able to to tell from the pictures, the turnout was not what we had hoped, but that is another blog for another time.

But, let's focus on the awesome time that I had hanging out with people who I hadn't seen in 10 years as well as those who I have seen sporadically throughout the years.  There were benefits to being with a smaller group of people.  I was able to catch up with basically everyone that came, which wouldn't have happened if everyone from our class had attended.  It is so much fun how you can just pick up where you left off with your old friends.  And, we would probably all still be really good friends if we lived closer together.  We grew up together and it is just so natural to hangout together.

We had such a great time catching up at the game.  And, the team won, which made it even better!

Reed and Dawson playing at the picnic.  "Watch me clap my hands, Dawson!"


Dawson, Reed and Max....so close in age.  And, oh so cute together!

Leslie, Megan and Haley

Haley and I

Keisha and I

Haley getting creative with our family picture!  Such a good one.

Mitch Slayton with his beautiful family, Susan and Caedmon.

Keisha with her husband LeBrandon (who went to middle school with us) and her niece Gracey.

CHS Class of 2000.....there are approximately 120 additional people who did not attend!

The crew with our significant others and dates!  Thanks for coming out everyone!

Leslie, Megan, Me, Heather, Haley, Keisha and Courtney

Me with my best bud from high school, Billy!  We seriously need to get together more!

The other party planner, Joseph, his new wife Jenna and Billy with his wife Julie.

Misty Tripp (THS grad, but we won't hold it against her!), Justin and Cicely

The Girls!

The Guys!  We told them they needed to work on the male attendance for the next reunion!

Such a fun pic!

And another!
Leslie, Haley, Courtney and Keisha

Haley, Me, Leslie and Megan

Heather and I

Just being silly!

Amelia joined the party later and we were all excited to see her!

And a larger group shot with Amelia!

Haley and I

A little game that Heather and I lost to Leslie and Haley.

We can be good sports about it though!

Chris and I....yes, he was at the reunion, mainly the man behind the camera.  Thanks Babe!

We topped off the night with a 1:30 am trip to IHOP.  We went to Waffle House first and the wait was an hour, no joke, something about not having any clean silverware, lol!
And, that was my 10 year high school reunion weekend.  It was a lot of fun!  I did a lot of the planning and was somewhat disappointed with the turnout but I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to show up.  It was a great weekend all around.  I look forward to attending, not planning, the next reunion, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment