Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Apple Crisp!

We picked up some yummy Braeburn apples at the Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge last weekend.  I wanted to make some yummy apple desserts to go along with the fall weather.  The first on my list of things to cook was Kathy's Apple Crisp.  I've made it before, but it was the easiest on my list so I made it quickly one night last week. 

Yummy, yummy!


And, it could only get better by adding some ice cream.
Recipe:

Ingredients
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and slice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2.  Mix together apples, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Toss to coat.  Put apple mixture into baking dish.  I used a smaller dish this time and the topping was a little too thick.  I would recommend using a larger casserole dish.
3. Mix flour, sugar, and butter together until crumbly.  Put mixture on top of apples.
4.  Bake for 1 hour.
5.  Eat and be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! I Just printed the recipe and may try it tonight!!! I hope parenting life is still treating you well-- I miss my regular updates on the Jarrett clan from Laren!

    Mary (Carpenter) Costello

    ReplyDelete