Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Celebrity Spotting

For those of you who know me well, you know that I love all things celebrity. Every visit to NYC is met with the question of "will this be the time that I see a celebrity?". My last visit to NYC was accompanied by a quick visit to Gawker Stalker to see if any celebs were in the same area that I was in. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a celebrity there and probably never will. I do, however, see celebrities in airports. Sunday night Chris and I are waiting for our plane to leave Atlanta for Boston when I noticed a somewhat regular looking woman with bright red hair, sunglasses and all black clothes on. She is slowly walking through the terminal pulling a small carry-on and talking with a friend. No security, no bodyguards. This person turned out to be none other than.....................Wynonna Judd.


No, it isn't very exciting, but hey, at least I recognized her. As she approached us, it appeared to me that this person looked more like a Wynonna wannabe than Wynonna herself. I said to Chris "is that Wynonna Judd?". And then I said "no, I think it looks more like a flight attendant". As she passed us, a lady nearly bumped into her and then said "hey, i love your music" which Wynonna replied with a simple "thank you". I didn't even try to get my camera out for lack of the importance of the event, but I thought I should at least write it down so that I can remember I have seen another B list celebrity. Oh, and the weight problem that people are always talking about with Wynonna, I must say that I thought she looked really good. All of that must be behind her now. Do any of you have celebrity encounters that would make me jealous?

1 comment:

  1. No celebrity sitings for me but I did make my sister drive me around when I visited her in LA following my "Map of the Stars." When she asked what I wanted to do ahead of time, I said star-watch and she sent me links to observatories and planetariums. I was like...uh....I meant celebrity watching! lol!

    ReplyDelete