Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone Song

Reed's Kath sang the Chocolate Ice Cream Song to him while we were in Colorado and he absolutely loved it.  Chris and I weren't able to recall the words when he requested that we sing it for him last week, so we had to give Kath a call.  She sang it for him a few times and he hasn't stopped singing it since.  He is super adorable singing it!!  Just in case you can't understand what he is saying, he is singing the part of the song bolded below.  This song is circa 1930s and Kathy learned it from her mother, Reed's great grandmother, MawMaw.

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone Song


My mama said if I'd be good,
She'd send me to the store
She said she'd make some gingerbread
If I would sweep the floor


She said if I would make the bed
And mind the telephone
That she would send me out to buy
A chocolate ice cream cone


And so I did the things she said
And then she made the gingerbread
Then I went out, just me alone
And bought a chocolate ice cream cone


While coming back I stumped my toe
On a great big rock
Now need I tell you that I dropped
My chocolate ice cream cone


A little doggie came along
And took a great big lick
And so I hit that mean old dog
With just a little stick


Then he bit me where I sit down
And he chased me all over down
And now I'm lost, can't find my home
And all because of my chocolate ice cream cone



1 comment: