Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Little Man

It's been a while since I have written a post about our little man.  He is 2 going on 12.  Here are just a few things that we experience on a daily basis with Reed, most of which are just hilarious things that he says.
  • "I not just."  This is probably one of our favorite things that he says on a regular basis.  Mommy or Daddy:  "Reed did you go potty in your diaper."   Reed:  "I not just."  Mommy or Daddy: "Reed, let's put away your toys."  Reed:  "I not just."  We take this to mean "no, I didn't" or "not right now" or a variety of other things.  He literally uses it all the time in a variety of ways and we aren't sure how he came up with this one, but it is certainly one that needs to be remembered.
  • "I'm a fancy cowboy."  Apparently someone must call Woody this sometime during Toy Story, so Reed is not only a cowboy but a fancy cowboy.
  • While rocking in his room at night with the nightlight one our shadows appear on the ceiling.  One night Reed asked "what's that spooky thing?".  To which I responded, it's nothing spooky, just you and me.  And then we both waved at our shadows.  Now, it's a routine, it happens every night.  And, if I don't wave, he gets mad.
  • While Chris was reading Gruffalo to Reed, he got to one page that Reed apparently knows very well, because he told Chris "no, Daddy, don't read those words.  I'll read 'em."
  • When driving his battery powered golf cart down a small hill in our driveway, he holds his arms up and says "whee".
  • "Juuuusssst a minute."  He tells me this all the time.  He would prefer to work on his own time versus mine.
  • "Laaaassst time."  This request is made by Reed when I have told him that the previous time was the last time, but he always follows that last time up with another request for the "laaaassstt time".
  • "Daddy, you're a horsey."
  • He absolutely loves to put his puzzles together.  We are so surprised at how good he is at it!
  • As I was singing "Rock a Bye Baby" to him the other night, I sang "rock a bye Reedie".  He said, "no Mommy, rock a bye baby."
  • Instead of going through a yellow light the other day, I braked pretty hard and Reed said, unprompted, "whoa jack".
  • The night before last was the first night that Reed has tried to keep me in his room at bedtime.  As I closed the door, he said "hey Mommy".  We talked about going to school the next day and he told me "no hitting or pushing ever".  And I said "that's right buddy".  And then continued to say "hey Mommy" every time I tried to close the door.
  • Reed is loving playing outside with our next door neighbors.  After running a quick errand the other day, we returned to find that the girls were no longer outside.  He said "I not know where she are."  And then he corrected himself by saying "I not know where she is".
  • He is becoming very curious.  "What does that letters says?"  "What's that name?"  "What is that mommy?"  "What's wrong with me?"  (usually said if anything on his person is out of whack or he gets a boo boo)  "What's that sign say?"
  • My grandmother kept a toy California raisin from all those years ago when I believe Hardee's used to give them away or sell them.  Well, Reed loves it!  So, I decided to show him the commercials with the raisins and he is now obsessed.  He goes around the house a lot singing "I heard it through the grapevine.....".
  • If he sees a baby on TV or in a book, he says "that's me".  The same goes for me or Chris.  "See my Daddy?  That's my Daddy".
  • "Stop it Mommy."
  • When saying the blessing, we always sing the "We are Thankful" song which is always followed by "God is Great".  He has to say both.
Bubble Bath!

Getting a ride on Grandmother's walker.

My little helper at the grocery store.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Hanging out with PawPaw Gerald.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa Jack, and the ride on grandma's walker are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Jack and Reed would have an absolute blast together!! I love their little personalities. And this post always inspires mine on our blog because it makes me remember things. You are awesome! And little man is so adorable. I love his long hair in the bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed is so stinkin' cute! We all need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete