Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Let's go tubing!

Our first day in Vail, we skied and Mike, Kathy and Reed got familiar with the area.  It was necessary to ski that day considering they got at least 9 inches of snow the night before and they had been a little low on snowfall for the year.  We definitely picked the right week to go.

Our second day, we trekked over to Breckenridge to go sledding and tubing in a local park.  Reed unfortunately didn't meet the height requirements for most of the organized tubing in the area.  But, fortunately for us, we didn't have to pay $30 an hour to tube.  We picked up a tube and sled from the local grocery store and made our way to the park.

The Hill
It was a pretty steep climb up the hill, so we tried different modes of transportation for Reed.


Please excuse my nervous laughter.  Chris was a little more brave than I would have been.


Case in point.  I say "he liked that better".  That should translate to mean that I liked it better, lol!

And, he probably liked it best by himself.

Playing in the snow before heading down the hill.  He LOVES snow!

At the end of a ride.  Notice the smiles!

I snapped this pic as he slid by me on the tube.  He's having so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. The terrain looked so flat, until I saw the clip of Reed by himself. He was flying! I lot that his whole body fits entirely in the tube.

    ReplyDelete