Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

School is fun!

These are the words that Reed uses on most mornings of school because I have told him these exact words more times than I can count.  I know that he has a good time at school once he's there and playing with all his friends.  We finally got to a good point two weeks ago where he didn't cry when I dropped him off.  Well, then we had fall break.  I was worried.  Real worried.  So, I took him to school on Tuesday thinking that it was going to be bad, but he talked about school all the way there and walked in the building (normally I have to carry him to his classroom) and then followed his friends into his class without even looking back.  Talk about a proud mommy moment!!  And the best part is that he did even better when I dropped him off today.  We are so excited that he has finally warmed up to school and is now happily making the transition from being with me to being at school.  This has also flowed into him being okay when I drop him off at the playcenter at the gym.  Woohoo!  Go Reed!

This week his class had two very fun activities.  The first one was on Tuesday when the kiddos got to "cook".  The parents brought in a variety of items to make trail mix.  They got to measure the ingredients, dump it in the bowl and then mix it up.  Reed is loving to cook these days, so I am sure he was excited.

Today they made a family tree at school with pictures of the three of us.  He was so excited to show it off when I picked him up from school today.  He even mentioned a brother and sister on our walk out of school (lots of kids in his class have brothers and/or sisters).  I told him he didn't have a brother or sister yet but that he would hopefully have one in the future.

Enjoy the pics below of his cooking lesson!

All the kiddos being good listeners, well, minus a few, lol!!  They are too cute!
Reed dumping in his marshmallows.
And after his turn was over you can see him behind the kids just doing a little cleaning, ha!
Stir, stir, stir it up!
One of his buddies decided to relocate to the end of the table to stand beside Reed, so cute!  The teacher told me on Tuesday that the two of them were holding hands and talking away during school.  Sweet boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment