Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

2 Years!!!

Holy mackarel, our kid is 2!  And almost 25 months, to be exact.  While we are loving being back at home, I am having a hard time adjusting to doing everything that I want/need to do and also finding time to blog.  So this blog is indeed a little later than it would normally be, oops.  This is probably going to be the last month of the chair picks for our little man.  I might be tempted to put him in it on his birthday every year until he's 18, you know, just to torment him.

Stats:
Height:  37 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 27.3 lbs. (45th percentile)

At 2 Years:
  • Reed has not met a word that he can't say.  He repeats everything we say to him.  And, he shocks us all the time at what he remembers and how well he uses the words that he knows.  He is regularly telling us that something is "big fun", "good tasty", "it's beautiful", and on and on and on.
  • He continues to be a sweet little boy and says "I love you" to us un-prompted.
  • He is strangely shy with people that we know but otherwise hasn't ever met a stranger.  He will rarely immediately start talking to my friends but painters arrive at our house and they are instantly his best friend.  It is pretty hilarious.
  • He loves, loves golf.  Shocker.
  • His favorite books are Triceratops for Lunch and I'm a T-Rex, two books about the dinosaurs on the show Dinosaur Train, which he L-O-V-E-S.  Thanks again to Lauren for the awesome gift!  
  • He absolutely loves to "read" books to us or just to himself.  When he opens a book he always starts off with "once upon a time".  So cute.
  • His favorite TV shows right now are Dinosaur Train and Thomas the Train.
  • His favorite toys right now have to be his trains.  He has multiple books about trains and also toy trains.  We got him a train set for his birthday and he literally comes downstairs every morning and exclaims "look at the trains".  It is the sweetest.
  • He loves to sing.  He knows most of the words to "Ooo de lally" from Robin Hood.  He can also sing "The More We Get Together", "Ring Around the Rosie", "Old McDonald Had a Farm".  He also randomly knows the words to the chorus of "Airplanes", "can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?  I could really use a wish right now."  Yeah, imagine a 2 year old singing that, precious!
  • "Hello Mommy" and "Hello Daddy".
  •  "No", but mostly "nope", have become Reed's favorite words.  He responds to most questions with "nope", otherwise he says "okay" in the sweetest voice ever.
  •  He is slowly but surely getting better at dropoff at school and at the gym.  Unfortunately, we have  his fall break this week and he is sick so there will be no gym for us for a few days, so we might be back to square one.  Boo.
  • Reed stayed with only his third babysitter ever on Wednesday night and he was a total rockstar.  He didn't even care when I left.  Too bad he doesn't feel this way when I drop him off at school.
  • I often greet Reed with a "hey sweetie".  When we were still in London I went out to the store and when I opened the door he said "hey sweetie".
  • He can say his ABCs all the way through.  He even now emphasizes the sssssssss and xxxxxxx, which I think he learned at school.
  • He did start school during his 24th month.  It really has been great for him.  I can already start to see a slight change in the way he reacts to his peers.
  • Stretching is sometimes painful for Chris, so it sometimes includes grunting.  Reed would mimic him by pushing up against the wall and making a grunting sound, hilarious.
  • After I finished singing "Hush Little Baby", which might be his favorite bedtime song, he added a verse that I didn't sing but Chris had started to sing to him.  Such a smart boy!
  • Keep checking back for updates about our little man, as I am sure I have forgotten something!
This month was probably the hardest ever to get a good shot of our little man.  It could have been that he was coming down with something, he's sick now, or that the lighting was never just right enough to make me happy.  Oh well, I got one that I think I am happy with.

Take 1
Take 2
24 Months/2 Years
This one is probably my favorite because it just looks better.  I might try again for another shoot in his chair for one last time to try and get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment