Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's TV time! Shame on the CW Network. Yes, I still watch shows they make!

It is that time of year again.  The time of year when my life becomes inundated with TV shows on my DVR that are begging to be watched and therefore taking time away from other things that I would rather be doing, like reading.  Oh, who am I kidding, I love to relax on the couch and watch a good or mindless TV show.  Thankfully, I have become pretty good at being able to watch shows while doing something else, like blogging.  A girl must multi-task when she has this many shows on her docket.  So, here goes...

Sunday

Desperate Housewives - Even though I am over this show I consider it a must-watch since it is the last season.  I like to know how to things end.  Can you blame me?

How to Make it in America - An HBO show that we enjoy about two guys trying to make it in America.  How could you have guessed?

Monday

Gossip Girl - Yes, still watching.

Hart of Dixie - My first shame-on-you-CW show.  This show features Rachel Bilson who played Summer on The OC, one of my old favorites.  How could I not watch it?  I loved her on that show.  It doesn't look like it is a long-term show, but we'll see.  I'll give it a shot.

House - I no longer watch, but Chris still watches so I am sure I will see it every now and then.

Tuesday

90210 - I technically gave up this show last year, but it tends to be good at lending background noise when I am doing other things.  So, I will "watch" it.

Ringer - Another shame-on-you-CW show featuring Sarah Michelle Gellar.  Puh-lease.  I can't not watch this.  I love Sarah.  And, it features the cute guy from one of my favorite canceled shows, Life Unexpected.  I will be watching, although it seems like a weird concept for a TV show.

Glee -  Love it!  Will continue to watch it!  And, can't wait to see the winners from The Glee Project on the show.

New Girl - Another new show.  One featuring Zooey Deschanel.  Who doesn't want to see the singing girl from Elf on a TV show??  Love her!

Parenthood - Another just really good show.  We especially love when Lauren Graham goes on a rant, a la Lorelai Gilmore.

Seriously Tuesday?!?!  How am I supposed to handle you?  Watch on the weekend, I guess.

Wednesday

Modern Family - A must watch.

Up All Night - A show featuring Christina Applegate about being a sleepless parent.  I think I can relate.

Thank you Wednesday for being so light!!

Thursday

Grey's Anatomy - An oldie but hopefully a continued goodie.  Who knows!?!?

Friday

Fringe - We kind of let this show go last season, but we might give it a shot again.  I miss Joshua Jackson.

I have to add One Tree Hill to this list even though I am unsure as to when it will come on.  It's the last season, thank goodness.  Please, I can't handle this drama anymore, but like I said before, I like to get closure.

Okay, I think that is a WAY long list of TV shows for one person to watch.  This may have to be adjusted as all the shows get underway.  Am I missing any?  Any you think I should definitely drop or new ones that I might have missed that I should give a shot?

Is anyone considering watching the new show Once Upon a Time starring Ginnifer Goodwin, from Something Borrowed, and Jennifer Morrison, from House?  IMDB's descriptions says the show "centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of fairy tales just may be real".  Hmmm.....

Happy watching everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I think you are missing a few that will be winners! I am really looking forward to Pan Am, Whitney, and I will definitely try Revenge (google it...YUM-O!) Also, have you tried Raising Hope (SO GOOD) or The Middle (also LOVE!) or Big Bang Theory (one of Justin's favs)? Because really...what you need is more TV :)

    On a related note, I am very interested to see how they will wrap Desperate Housewives. Are we still 5 years in the future?? I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! I need to get our temporary DVR setup for the season...GO TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Parenthood! Kicks off tomorrow night. We'll have to chat about it on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete