Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mobile Monkeys, Lucky Strike, and Leaf Peeping

Okay, I have been totally slacking on the blogging lately and I apologize.

First things first, Chris and I had a pretty busy weekend this past weekend. Friday night, we hosted a group of people at our place for Game Night. The group formed after a spring break cruise last year (which Chris and I weren’t a part of). Mobile Monkeys was chosen as the name of this group who travels around to various homes in the area to drink a specially concocted drink and play board games. I believe the name of the group spawned from the name of the drink of choice at these game nights, Smiley Monkeys. I guess we move around, therefore we are monkeys? The cruise group had some of these drinks while on their cruise in the Bahamas. If you are curious about this drink, think booze cruise. The night was a lot of fun with a group of 12 playing Cranium and Charades. We look forward to the next meeting of the Mobile Monkeys.


All of the Mobile Monkeys in our living room.
Hales, Erin, Me and Chris
Laura made cupcakes for Erin's birthday! Happy Birthday Erin!
We spent our afternoons on Saturday and Sunday doing a little shopping for an outfit for me for Chris’ high school reunion. I think I am satisfied. It is probably too late to change my mind now, since the event is on Saturday.

Saturday night, we met up with a few friends for bowling at Lucky Strike across from Fenway. We had a great time hanging out and bowling with 10 friends on one lane. Chris surprised everyone with his bowling skills, which included some kind of hop when letting the ball go. He said it seemed to be increasing his chances of getting strikes, so he continued to do it even though he looked a little goofy. He will do whatever he can to win, lol! Chris won the first game but was beaten by birthday girl Erin in the second game. I actually came out of nowhere during the second game to break 100, woohoo! That was my goal for the night and I accomplished it!

Abbey striking a pose!
Me and Chris
The Girls (Abbey, Erin, Alisha, Me and Laren)
Chris showing his bowling skills!
We took a little drive on Sunday to do some leaf peeping, which is a pretty big deal in New England. We saw some beautiful colors on our drive. I got a few pictures of the trees, but unfortunately, I didn’t get any of the beautiful pink and red leaves that we came across. The colors of the trees are absolutely fabulous here. Maybe they will still be the bright colors next weekend, so that Chris and I can go for another drive. Up for it, honey?
I love the reds!
Pic of us taken from the top of our car, lol!
The yellow are pretty too!

2 comments:

  1. I went on a cruise to the Bahamas/Virgin Islands one year over spring break and brought back my own fabulous drink concoction too - the Mad Dog Twister. You'll have to ask me about it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete