Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend in Georgia - Family Time and a Wedding

Chris and I spent this past long weekend in Georgia visting with family and attending the wedding of two friends. Chris had an extremely long weekend of 5 days, while mine was only 3 1/2, but I won't complain. A short week at work is always a blessing.
Our weekend started early as I took half a day off on Friday, so that Chris and I could attend our oldest nephew's high school football game. Jared's Chattooga Indians were not able to pull out a win, but he played a great game. We wish him and his team the best of luck for the remainder of the season! Go Indians!
Jared getting direction for the next play from the sideline.
Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Curtiss!
Saturday we got up early to get ready to depart from Summerville for the wedding of Kevin Curtiss and Rachel McNeill that was held in Lilburn, GA. It was about a 2 hour drive from Chris' parents' house to the ceremony. Needless to say, we did a lot of traveling this weekend. The wedding was beautiful and so were the bride and groom. With a 3 hour break between the ceremony and the reception, Chris and I got the opportunity to hang out with Elizabeth, Alice, Lauren, and Jess at Elizabeth and Adam's house. I had a great time catching up with the girls while Chris caught up on some college football watching. Elizabeth made some yummy salsa, spinach wrapped in fillo (not sure of the technical name), and margaritas. Everything was so good that I resorted to calling her Bree from Desperate Housewives.

We all headed to the reception around 6, including the addition of Chris, Jess's husband, and Adam. The reception was held at The Lodge of The River Club. It was a beautiful location for a wedding reception. We mainly stayed outside under the covered portion with its large wooden beams, cool fans, fire, and a DJ. I danced the night away with the very happy bride and groom and the rest of my girlfriends while Chris talked to the boys on the sidelines. It was a great time!

Kevin Curtiss and Rachel McNeill (The lovely bride and groom, like you didn't know already.)
Chris, making sure his tie is long enough, lol!
All the girls minus the bride.
Elizabeth and I being silly.
Chris and I
Not exactly sure what Adam is doing here but I think it is a great picture of Elizabeth!
The bride and groom breaking it down and singing...probably "Like a Prayer".
Jess, referring to me during a song. I wish I could remember which song it was.
The boys on the sidelines.
A normal pic of Adam and Elizabeth
Elizabeth, Jess, and I being silly.
After the wedding, we headed back to Adam and Elizabeth's house to watch the Red Sox lose to the Tampa Bay Rays (I am currently watching them lose to Rays again....let's hope they can turn it around. We just got on the board with a solo homerun, woohoo! Let's hope they are winning by the time I finish writing this blog!). It was so much fun hanging out with our friends for the day. We never get to see any of them when we are in Georgia so it was much needed time together. I can't wait until Chris and I are back in Georgia and we can hangout with all of them more often. Thanks Adam and Elizabeth for having us over and letting us stay with you all for the evening! Adam, you and Bree are great hosts!

On Sunday, we headed back to Summerville to spend the day with our families. The day was spent making peanut butter cookies with my niece, taking pictures of the kids, and playing a game of horseshoes and Old Maid. It was so much fun to get to spend the day with them! We spent the evening eating dinner with my parents and watching Desperate Housewives. Our trip ended on Monday with us making a somewhat early trip to the airport. It was a great trip home and a great long weekend! We will be back down that way in a few weeks for Chris' high school reunion! Should be another fun weekend! Check out my pictures below of our niece and two of our nephews.
Gavin doesn't mind if I take his picture.....
Nor does Griffin....
But, Karlie does not like it at all!
Cute pic taken by Gavin of Kathy, Griffin, me, and Karlie.
Oh, got one! Haha! Karlie, I bet you thought you were going to get through this post without seeing a picture of yourself! Love ya!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures, they made me giggle! It was so great to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really get on my nerves but i love you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey brooke. this is karlie's good buddy! yeah i think you know who. lol. i think it's good you got a pic of her. lol. she always gets so mad but oh well. haha.
    but i love the gavin pics.

    ReplyDelete