Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy early birthday to me with Coldplay!

For my birthday, which isn't until next Monday, I purchased tickets for Chris and me to see Coldplay in concert. Yes, I did buy my own birthday present. This seems to be a trend the past two years. Hey, it takes the guess work out of it for Chris. The concert was last Wednesday at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, and it was so good.

Duffy opened for Coldplay and let me just say that this girl has one amazing voice. She seems a little odd, but her voice, so good. She did a pretty good job opening up the evening, but I can’t say that she was the best opening act because her songs are very mellow. Not the exciting songs that will get you up and out of your seat. I guess Coldplay wanted to take care of that.

Coldplay came onstage around 9 and played nonstop for an hour and a half. Chris Martin is such an amazing singer. It is very rare that you can go to a concert and the songs sound exactly like they do on the radio with the artist singing live and not pre-recorded. They were so good and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that the drummer is also a very good singer. Overall, it was a great concert and I am so happy that I made the decision to go for my birthday. We had a great time singing along with the songs that we knew and just enjoying the ones that we didn’t.

On a side note, if I thought Duffy was odd, she was no match for Chris Martin. This guy is just odd. The movements that he makes on stage are just completely random.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous - I really want to see Coldplay in concert! You guys have close birthdays!

    ReplyDelete