Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Just a few things

It has been way too long since I last updated the blog. I feel pretty bad because I know how frustrating it can be to continue to check back only to find that nothing has been posted. I apologize. I promise I will try to do better. Chris and I had a pretty relaxing weekend last weekend, so nothing too exciting to report. We are headed to Georgia today to watch our nephew play football and then we will attend the wedding of Rachel McNeill and Kevin Curtiss on Saturday. We did manage to snag two tickets to Game 5 of the ALCS between our Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays for next Thursday. If the Red Sox don’t end up sweeping the Rays in 4 games, I am sure I will have pictures to share from this next week.

A few things I want to mention…..

I am often criticized by husband for reading random blogs written by people that I do not know at all. I am sometimes called a “stalker”. I have to admit that I get very bored at work and will read absolutely anything that will keep me entertained. I do not apologize for my craziness but I do understand how some people could find it out of the norm. Thankfully, I do link from blog to blog and sometimes it pays off tremendously.

Last week I read a blog post from someone who I do not know but who is a friend of a couple that I do know and they also have a blog. This particular blog led me to the website/blog of Darren LeBlanc. From the little that I read, I can tell you that Darren is an amazing man. Darren’s wife Misty, who was just 5 months older than me, had been battling brain cancer for some time and lost her battle just a few short weeks ago. They have a very young daughter, Olivia, who, it is very possible, will not remember her Mommy.

In spite of all that Darren and Misty went through together, I was amazed by Darren’s strength. I can’t imagine what it would be like to lose Chris and hope that I never have to find out. If anything like this did happen to us, I hope that we can put our faith in God, as Darren has, and trust in Him to give us strength to weather the storm. I don’t think I have gone a day without thinking and praying for Darren, Olivia, and their family since reading the blog. I am sure you will be truly moved by Darren and his experience. Check out Darren’s blog by clicking on the picture below; it will be worth being called a “stalker”.

Visit LeBlancLife.com for updates!
On a more different note….

Below is a video of Mike Kinnebrew performing at Eddie’s Attic in Atlanta a few weeks ago. Mike is married to one of my sorority sisters from Georgia Tech, Lindsay. They both have incredibly beautiful voices. Chris and I were honored to have them sing at our wedding. I highly recommend that you check out his music. I keep my fingers crossed daily that Mike and Lindsay are going to make it as big as they want to be. Hopefully I can stir up a few new followers with this blog!

Mike's Sites
Website
Myspace

1 comment:

  1. I too, am a blog stalker..haha. I'm friends with Kim and Graham who led me of course to your blog. It's fun getting to know people, even if it is through ramblings on their blog. Like you said, it's normally through friends of friends, so what's the harm! So yeah, you got me to admit, that I read your blog! My husband gives me the same grief, so from chick to chick, I support your habit!

    ReplyDelete