Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

When I wake up in the morning....

And the alarm gives out a warning,
I don't think I'll ever make it on time,
By the time i grab my books,
and i give myself a look,
I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by,

It's alright 'cause I'm Saved by the Bell

If the teacher pops a test,
I know I'm in a mess,
And my dog ate all my homework last night,
Ridin' low in my chair,
She won't know that I'm there,
If I can hand it in tomorrow it'll be alright,

It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell

To keep our sanity with our men out of town, a group of my girlfriends in Boston decided to get together for dinners on Mondays and happy hours on Thursdays. Each Monday night has consisted of a different locale and a different theme. Erin hosted Mexican Monday and I hosted Italian Monday, but the best girls' night thus far for the summer has to be the Saved by the Bell evening that Ginny hosted this past Monday. This girl is crazy about Saved by the Bell. I thought that I loved it, but it doesn't compare to her love for the show.

She had been telling us for a long time about her love for all things SBTB. In the midst of telling us about her favorite episode of SBTB being the one where they are in a murder mystery, she also told us that she owned the SBTB board game. Needless to say, I got very excited! I thought it would be so much fun to rehash and quiz ourselves on all of the old shows that we used to watch religiously. I, to this day, still watch it on TBS when it is on in the morning. Ginny somehow convinced her brother to let her borrow the game for a few weeks and so we had SBTB girls' night.

It was a great time! We had SBTB in Hawaii and Wedding in Vegas on in the background while we tried to recall anything and everything about SBTB. I was surprised at what I was able to recall, but Ginny knew EVERYTHING. We had so much fun! Below are a few pics from the evening that we all got to relive the teen angst of our SBTB friends. Thanks Ginny, aka Lisa Turtle, for a great evening!

Ginny modeling her "The Max" t-shirt and posing with the best game ever!
Just in case you didn't know what the shirt is in reference to, lol!
All of us before heading home....Me, Erin, Mary, Ginny, and Alisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment