Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Chris comes home for the 4th!

After 2 weeks of not seeing each other, Chris flew to Boston so that we could spend the 4th together. It was so great to see him and have him at home! I hate to wish the summer away, but as I am writing this he only has 5 1/2 weeks left of work. It is honestly going by very fast, so that is good!

We spent the 4th at HBS cooking out with several of Chris' sectionmates and spouses. It was a fun day filled with good food, good friends, and whiffle ball. I didn't play but Chris enjoyed it! That evening, we made our way downtown to watch the fireworks. Rascal Flatts performed and the fireworks were amazing. The ending was just craziness where you really couldn't hear anything except for the exploding fireworks! Below are a few pics and a video from the evening. I am so glad that we decided to spend Independence Day in Boston! There is nothing like singing Yankee Doodle Dandy on the Charles River bank!


Alex at the cookout, so cute!


Chris and I before the fireworks.





Sea of people on Massachusetts Avenue, no doubt trying to all get on the T. We decided to walk the entire way home instead of fighting the madness!

We had planned to go to the beach on Saturday, but it turned out to be a gloomy day. So, we did what we, I, know best and made our way out to the Burlington Mall to grab some Chick-fil-A and do a little shopping. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and enjoying just being in the same place! I will see him again the weekend of July 25 because I will be in Georgia for a friend's wedding. I can't wait to see him again! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment