Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Victory in the Commonwealth!

Yesterday, Chris made his first court appearance ever. He went in to fight a ticket he received a few months ago for running a red light on Massachusetts Avenue. The reason we didn't just go ahead and pay for the ticket was because the fine was $100 and our insurance agent estimated that our insurance would go up by $200. I definitely wasn't into that, so Chris scheduled a court date. It ended up not being quite as glamorous as I had hoped. I was hoping that it would be kind of like Judge Judy, but he basically met with a few other people in an office. Boring. Several of Chris' friends doubted that he would be able to get it dismissed, but he went in and plead his case and was found "not at fault". This is definitely a plus for the Commonwealth. I never imagined they would be so easy!

Would you stop at the cross walk where the cab is? Chris wouldn't.

I probably wouldn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment