Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No, no, I don't actually want it to snow in May, but I wanted an opportunity to post some of our snow pictures from this past winter. So, here goes!

This past Sunday after church we had brunch outside at Grafton Street with our friends Teal and Laren. It was a beautiful day with a temperature in the the high 60s. The sun was beaming down and it was actually somewhat hot. This may not seem like a big deal to most, especially those who have been living in warm weather for a while now, but it has been a long while since we have felt warmth. This is not to say that we didn't enjoy our first winter in Boston because we definitely did. Although I do believe that spending the long, cold winter in Boston has made us appreciate warmer weather moreso than we did when we lived in Florida. So, in the spirit of the warmer weather, I would like to reminisce back to the colder months when snow was consistently on the ground and scarves and gloves and large jackets were a must.

I have to admit that I love snow, always have and always will. We weren't privy to much snow growing up in Georgia and we were lucky to get below 40 degrees in Florida in the winter. Needless to say, we were very excited when it snowed for the first time in Boston this past winter. I am not sure everyone else was as excited, but my own personal outlook on winter in Boston is that if it is going to be frigidly cold, then there really should be snow on the ground. Chris and I often caught ourselves just staring out the window watching it snow. While we are extremely excited about the warmer weather, we do look forward to another round of 30+ inches of snow next winter! Below are a few pics of the snow from Winter 07-08.

This is a pic from the first snow of the season. It was fairly light, but we didn't care!

One of the bigger snows of the season brought Chris and I out to play. Look how big the flakes are!

And play, Chris did. This picture is of Chris running and sliding down the snow covered street in his tennis shoes.


View from our balcony
I know what you're thinking....I don't get it either. Love ya honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment