Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things I should have posted about a few weeks ago........

Okay, so this is me trying to play catch-up again. I promise to be better about posting. Deja vu...I think I have said that before, haha! I guess I should actually put a link out there for everyone to read so that I might have someone telling me that I need to update.

Patriot's Day is a BIG and I mean B-I-G holiday in Massachusetts. I am pretty sure that it is a state recognized holiday where most people get the day off of work and school's spring breaks are scheduled during the week of the holiday. This is the day that the Boston Marathon takes place every year. People come from all over the world to run in the Boston Marathon. I opted not to take it off to save my vacation for a more appropriate activity, but Chris did meet me at my office and we walked over to catch part of the race. It was so exciting to see the runners around mile 23. Some were pushing forward as if they just started running and others looked as if they might fall out at any minute. We did see one guy who was pretty much being carried along by two people. It takes a lot of dedication for someone to commit to running a full marathon.....I simply could not imagine.

Chris and I also got to see Lance Armstrong, who ran the race this year. He didn't look like I expected him too. I always thought he was a very slim and short guy, but he was tall and a good size. I must say, he was very attractive! Magazines do nothing for him!

Our 3rd wedding anniversary was on April 23, 2008. We didn't do anything exciting nor did we buy each other gifts. We said during our ski trip that the trip would be our gift to each other and it was a great gift! It has been a great 3 years being married to Chris. We have had great experiences together so far and I know that they are only going to get better. I love you Chris!

Enough of the sappy stuff!

The weekend after Patriot's Day, Chris' Section F held a Charity Auction where proceeds went to Prize 4 Life and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. His section ended up raising approximately $48,000 with Professor matches. We won a brunch cooked by one of his sectionmates consisting of chocolate chip waffles and mimosas. Yum! I can't wait! Chris was actually responsible for picking and booking the location for the auction. He ended up getting a great deal with the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square. I was so proud of the work he did. Maybe I should have let him do a little more of the wedding planning. Nah! Below is a pic of Chris and I at the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment