Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's official! I HATE TO SHOP!

It has become increasingly clear throughout the last few months that I actually dislike shopping. I know this may come as a shock to most, because it even shocked me. I enjoy buying new things or coming across a good deal, but I do not, however, enjoy the act of shopping for something specific.

Let’s take for example the charity auction that Chris’ section held almost a month ago. It was suggested that everyone wear something red. Of course, I don’t own a red dress, nor do I have any red accessories. Therefore, we had to go shopping. We did this shopping the night of our 3rd wedding anniversary. What can be better than shopping on your wedding anniversary?!?!?! That was my initial thought. Unfortunately, we searched all over the mall and didn’t find anything suitable to wear with my black dress in red. Boo! I ended up painting my fingernails red in somewhat of a protest.

The latest shopping fiasco has included me trying to find a dress to wear to Laura and Robert’s wedding on May 31st. I started about a month ago, just to give myself plenty of time. I decided before even stepping foot out the door that I was willing to pay any amount, less than $300, to find a very cute and fun dress that was appropriate for the season. I have to tell you that I have gone to every mall in the Boston area and I ended up purchasing a cute but boring black dress from White House Black Market this past weekend. I am so annoyed. Argh! Just once, I wanted to be able to purchase a dress that I was excited about. I hate shopping!

It never fails that I get frustrated when shopping. I have a hard time piecing outfits together and I can never find what I want. Did I mention that I have been looking for a pair of new black shoes for work since last September? This shopping issue that I have is getting out of hand. I guess you could say that this is my desperate cry for a personal shopper. Maybe we can put the extra income that Chris will be making this summer toward that so that I don’t end up pulling my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment