Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had ourselves a four day weekend this past weekend.  Chris's company had a retreat on Thursday and Friday and Reed and I got to join him.  Reed and I headed up to Barnsley Gardens after Reed finished his last day of school.  Once we made it to Barnsley it was so hot out that Reed and I decided to take a dip in the pool.  Unfortunately for me, because Reed didn't seem to mind, the sun had yet to warm up the water.  It took me at least 15 minutes to get the nerve up to get in.  Once I did, Reed and I had a blast splishing and splashing.

First day at the pool!
 Chris and I spent the evening at a dinner at the ruins, which is an awesome location, by the way, while Reed stayed with a sitter.  The next morning, Reed and I enjoyed breakfast on the veranda overlooking the golf course.  After breakfast, Reed and I drove to meet Kath, so that he could play at her house for the day.  We felt bad that he would have to be with a sitter all day,  considering I was getting a massage in the morning, woohoo, and Chris was playing golf in the afternoon.  This worked out so much better for Reed and I am sure he had a blast at Mike Mike and Kath's house, especially swimming in the pool and watching Griffin's and Gavin's baseball games.

Yummy, yummy blueberry pancakes!
 On Saturday we had our friends Jen and Josh out for cookout.  We hadn't seen them in quite some time, boo, so we were excited to see them.  And they brought their precious pup, Maggie.  Reed liked playing with her but was still a little unsure if she got too close.  Towards the end of the evening, both of the kiddos were pooped.

Don't worry, Reed is just posing here, however, had he stayed there much longer he would have been asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post and very cute children.I like your blog very much and I will sharing it with my friends.

    ReplyDelete