Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Louisiana Saturday Night

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Louisiana celebrating the wedding of Hannah and Jeff.  While the drive was a little long, we had absolutely wonderful time.  It took us around 11 hours to make the trek to Scott, LA, mainly due to the number of potty breaks that Reed had to take.  We did put a diaper on him but this kid refuses to use it anymore, which I appreciate.  However, I would have appreciated him giving us a little warning when he needed to go.  There was no I-might-need-to-go-in-a-minute-mommy, there was only "help, help, get me out of the car"!  He is too hilarious!

The night we arrived in Scott, Jeff's family hosted a gathering for all of the out-of-towners.  We ate yummy barbecue and sat around and listened to people play the guitar and sing.  It's always a good time with those guys.

On Saturday, we spent the day hanging out at the pool, picked up some boudin balls for lunch, basically a giant hushpuppy looking thing that is filled with pork, rice, and cheese (I was skeptical at first but it turned out to be very good), along with a quick stop at the drive-thru daiquiri shop, before getting ready to head to the wedding.

Nana and Reed playing in the pool.
Couldn't resist posting this awesome pic of Reed's pal Dawson.


The wedding was so beautiful!  Both the bride and groom looked wonderful and were so happy!  We were so glad that we were there to celebrate with them.  A good time was had by all at the reception, especially our kid.  He has got moves!  I promise to post a few videos early next week.  For now, a few pictures will have to do.

My parents!  We hardly ever catch my dad not talking during pictures, so I am pretty pumped about this one!
My boys!
Brother, looking handsome!
Hannah about to walk down the aisle.  She was beautiful!
Our family!  Yes, those are white socks on my kid, I forgot his socks and his belt.  Oops!  I guess it's better than forgetting my dress or Chris's suit.
Reed with Nana and Granddaddy!
The Newlyweds!
Reed danced from the moment the music started.....
And would dance with anyone and everyone.
I do have a little video of him dancing with the flower girl and it is adorable.

Congratulations to the Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Eubanks!  We are super excited for you guys!  Thanks so much for including us in your big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment