Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Let's just call this a Meet the Babies trip home!

We recently took a short trip home to Georgia for 6 days while Chris had training in LA.  Yep, while we were busy adjusting to a 5 hour time difference, he had to adjust to an 8 hour difference.  Fun times!  It was a very quick trip home for Reed and I, one that certainly made us miss home even more.  And even though it was a whirlwind trip it was lots of fun!  We can wait to get back in 9 weeks!  The countdown is on!

Before I begin with what we actually did on our trip, let's talk about what a rockstar flyer our kid is.  On the flight home he took his regular afternoon nap and then woke up in a good mood to play with play-doh, color, watch movies, and then play with the people behind us.  He never cried once!  He was so good!  And on the flight back, he went to sleep before we took off and we had to wake him up when we landed.  You can't ask for anything better than that.  AND, even though we booked him as infant in arms, we ended up with a seat for him on both legs of the trip, woohoo!!  Call us the luckiest people in the world!!
Snoozing away!

Watching Finding Nemo and chowing down on his apple.
And the reason for the title of the post.....I had three good friends have babies while we have been away.  I was super sad that we weren't around to meet the babies sooner but this week was reason enough to see all of them.  I first traveled to Birmingham on Friday to visit with Abbey and her precious baby girl Aidan.  Sunday, I flew to Dallas, TX(my first trip to Texas), to meet Teal and Laren's baby boy Tripp.  I flew home on Monday.  Tuesday, Reed and I headed down to Atlanta to meet the Bruner's baby boy and Brick's baby brother, Thatcher.  It was certainly a busy week for me but totally worth it.  These babies would have been way too big if I had waited to meet them once we got back!

Sweet Baby Aidan!
I think she was a little hungry.
Little Man Tripp!
Sweet boy!

Cheese!
Baby Thatcher!  Look at all his hair!!!
Reed wanted to "hold da baby" but he quickly became disinterested and started rolling over on him.  Thatcher doesn't look too thrilled.
We, of course, also spent tons of time with Mike Mike and Kath and Nana and Granddaddy and the rest of our family while we were at home.  Reed was able to get in some pool time at Mike and Kathy's as well as some playtime with Brick and the Broggi kids that he talks about all the time!  It was a great trip surrounded by great family and friends, which made it even harder to leave.  But, like I said earlier, only 9 weeks to go.  It's going to fly by, I'm sure of it!!
Playing in the pool!

Sweet boy!

Relaxing!  And, as he is saying right now looking at this picture "mommy's got you".

The Grassy Knoll.  Teal and Laren were sweet enough to take me on a mini-tour of Dallas, which included the scene of Kennedy's assassination.  If you look closely on the left side of the picture, you can see the x that marks the spot.  It was unfortunate to see people walking out to the x to stand on it and have their picture taken, smiling of course.  Seemed a little, okay a lot, odd to me.

Reed and Brick having fun playing together after a long hiatus.
Reed basically shot basketball the entire time that we were at our house.  He wanted to bring it with him and continued to hold it while he napped.  Too cute!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You give me hope! I am leaving tomorrow night on the red-eye to GA with Jack BY MYSELF!!! I had to call Delta this morning because they booked his ticket in row 18 and mine in row 44... um.... right. I hope that isn't a sign of how my trip is going to go :) Reed did AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete